New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Constant disconnect with no reconnect

Frequent Visitor

Constant disconnect with no reconnect

We've had the triple play package for more than a few years now and

have had only one complaint--about Caller ID connectivity.

The program seemed to be repaired and worked. Until . . . .

Now again the connect window is constantly popping up for a reconnect.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled without any change to the above problem.

No other problems.

So far, I would vote the Caller ID business as a "not very reliable benefit"

to Comcast's phone service . . . .

New Poster

Re: Constant disconnect with no reconnect

Same problem.

Seems to have started when I installed the latest Apple OS (10.9 - Maverick).

Called Comcast Tech Support. Rep said he had NEVER had a call re: Caller ID.

I uninstalled and reinstalled. No effect.

Somehow the "sleep" setting had gotten set to 5 minutes. I thought that was the problem. I changed that to 75 minutes. No effect.

ID-Less In Healdsburg

Tags (1)
Regular Visitor

I am having the samet problem. I never had this problem with Verizon before for 10 years..  We should get together and get Comast "to fix this problem forever" and/or enter into a Class Action Suit. Thanks 

New Poster

I am having the same problem.  My Xfinity CallerID for my pc continues to disconnect and interrupt what I'm doing asking to reconnect.  Please fix!!!

Regular Visitor

I've had same problem, Caller ID won't stay connected on my iMac. I've had at least 6 phone conversations with Comcast, half of which end with being told it's fixed (it's not) and the other half being cut off when being transferred to a different department or technician. Works OK on TV. This has been going on for at least  2 or 3 months. I tried calling for a supervisor or manager today (after hearing again the automated message that I'm an "Xfinity Insider", and got cut off again when being x-ferred!

Regular Visitor

i have the same problem with an imac.

i will check the sleep time.

any monitors or comcast have an answer?

btw, accessing the service required a office request by a chat tech.  never saw that anywhere.

off topic but, i was also charged an electronic change fee (@ $3), just to make a change on my service that did not require a service call.  that isnt right.

Regular Visitor

after a few days caller id continued to disconnect and notify me.  however at increasingly longer times.  went from about 10 mins. to about 20 and 30.  it continues to turn off and on at about the same rate.

however, caller id seems to work, whether it says connected or not.

so i am calling it a success until it quits working.

btw i also had a system ( i do not remember which one) update which had a reference to maverick.

Regular Visitor

I have had comcast for 35 years and every time I get their update I have problems with the new modems.  When that goes on I call comcast and talk to a supervisor,  The supervisor has techs to come to my house every time until the issue is taken care of.  After talking to the supervisor I am talk to a resovleing department.  When I tell them what the prolems are and how long they took to fix it,  They give me free channels like HBO, CINIMAX, and the other channels.  They give me 2 years of free channels.  So when you call them tell them you water to talk to a superviser and then make sure they give you to they resovle department, and also tell them you will sit all their stuff beside the road and go back to disk service.  Works for me