Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Competition

New Poster

Competition

What is Comcast preparing against the surging of Verizon and various other companies attempting to steal there customers away with better offers  than Comcast?

Mark
Most Valued Poster

Re: Competition

Compettion is good for all of us.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Contributor

I am so glad that you welcome competition since your service is next to nil. I have had Digital Voice since the end of Nov. and STILL do not have the total package that it is supposed to have.
It only takes 72 hours for the techs to look into what is wrong if you report a problem. With Verizon if anything was wrong it was fixed the by the next day but usually within an hour. I am so sorry that I ever signed up with Digital Voice. I can't wait for the total package of tv, phone etc. to come into our area.

After hearing my experience with Comcast Digital Voice my neighbors say they would never sign up with them.

New Poster

To Carmin13, thank you for speaking up.  I too expierence these problems with Comcast let alone try to talk to somebody in English for help.  Lookout Comcast, here comed Verizon !!!  Unless your marketing & IT staff fix whats broken with Comcast !

Mark
Contributor

P.S. It is the next day now. My phone is now working. Who knows what caused the repair since no repairman still has not come. I did feel that I should let the board know that I now have a phone. I don't know if the call waiting feature works or if someone calls in if they would get a busy as they did for the past few days but at least I can call out.

Carmine

Mark, people have been calling me and telling me they get busy singals and can't get me. I found this very funny since I was not on the phone when some of them tried to call. Tonight I could not call out. Again, I called Comcast. They tried to call me and also got a busy. The tech then tried to do something to fix it and fixed it good. Now I not only can not receive any calls my phone is now dead!!! I can't call out.

My caller ID did not work for a period of time, my call waiting was not working last week which was just brought to my attention who knows if it ever worked. The Digital portal on the net did not work till approximately a week ago. It has been one problem after another. I got this service in November and here it is January and I still do not have a fully working package and now no phone at all.

He said a tech would be here in the morning but if they are anything like previous techs it appears that I won't have phone service for a month or more. I am digusted with Comcast phone service and am going to look into going back to Verizon for phone service. I would think something could be done about Comcast advertising their services when they were not prepared to fix things when they go wrong nor have the experienced techs to do so. I am making it my business to let everyone in my area know NOT to sign up for Comcast phone service and will tell them all the problems I have experienced since November.

Verizon is in the process of laying lines around here for the net and as soon as they are here I will subscribe.
 Now off to Verizon.com to see what I can find out.

Carmine

To Carmin13, thank you for speaking up.  I too expierence these problems with Comcast let alone try to talk to somebody in English for help.  Lookout Comcast, here comed Verizon !!!  Unless your marketing & IT staff fix whats broken with Comcast !

Mark

Message Edited by Carmine13 on 01-23-200709:53 AM

New Poster

Isn't it funny that the one common complaint that is posted in every single forum is about Comcast's Service?
You would think someone in corporate would be listening rather than palliating the issues!

For me as soon as I can get a better than cable connection for the internet I will be dumping the cable "Overlords" for the last time.

Come on Verison!        Comcast, "CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW!?
Contributor

Gregg, I think, notice I say think, that they have finally fixed it up to a point. Last week I got a message from a Comcast rep that told me that if someone got a busy signal for them to keep trying. I imagine I need to notify the world of this. It seems from the phone call that there are not enough lines and if they overload the caller gets busy and needs to keep trying.

I have not heard from anyone that has gotten a busy this past week but then I had no heard previously either. People just don't tell you that your phone is busy they assume you are on the phone. They don't know that it is supposed to roll over to voice mail if you don't answer either. The number of rings before it rolls over to voice mail are just too many. They need to be shortened. People hang up before it even gets to voice mail if they do get through on the phone for it to ring.

Sorry you are having so much trouble but I can sympathize with you being in your shoes. Keep trying and ask for a Sr. Tech. to help you. Godfrey on here has been most helpful for me.