New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Compatibility of our phone w/ Comcast Voice

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Compatibility of our phone w/ Comcast Voice

We have a Panasonic 2.4 GHz Digital Cordless Phone with built in answering machine & Talking Caller ID.

The Model No. is KX-TG2357. This phone is not on Comcast's "known problems/errors" list.  We would like to continue to use our answering machine for our phone messages instead of Comcast voice mail and continue to have our Talking Caller ID work. Do you think we will have any compatibility issues with any of these features working if we switch to Comcast Voice as part of the Triple Play?

(We also plan on purchasing a Netgear N600 Dual-Band Wireless N Router to use for our internet service)

Accepted Solution

Re: Compatibility of our phone w/ Comcast Voice

You should not have an issue, you will want to contact Comcast to disable the voice mail on the account once your service is installed, or maybe the tech can do it.

You might need to change the channel on the router so it doesn't interfere with the cordless phones.

View answer in context
Cable Expert

You should not have an issue, you will want to contact Comcast to disable the voice mail on the account once your service is installed, or maybe the tech can do it.

You might need to change the channel on the router so it doesn't interfere with the cordless phones.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I have the same phone Panasonic KX--TG2357.   This worked fine for a year.  Then started randomly dropping incoming calls.   I have called Comcast numerous times and had two in-home service calls.   Now I have learned that for VOIP to work properly you need a special sip ip phone.  Good luck to you.

New Poster

I have a gateway provided by Comcast.  How do you change the channel on that.   For now Panasonic is recommending a different phone, very expensive for Sip ip dect.