Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Comcast unable to complete a porting of a number

Regular Visitor

Comcast unable to complete a porting of a number

Technician was out on Sunday to complete the port (we had a temp number).  It worked.  For a few hours.  The trainee set it up incorrectly or didn't complete all the steps, so when the system "re-set" in the evening it was all lost. 

We called twice yesterday.  Someone was supposed to fix it and call back.  Never did.   It still isn't working, and nobody called back.

I called again this morning.  Someone is again supposed to call back.   Another ticket was put in to the "telephone department" (which is what I thought I selected when I called and chose "voice" but I guess they are different). 

Just wondering why nobody is able to help us finish this porting process.  Our home number is currently not working at all, and it's frustrating, considering that is the number our school has, drs offices, etc.   And nobody in customer service can tell me why it wasn't done correctly to begin with.

What's so difficult?  Why can't someone higher up help us with this terrible service?  (We have also ordered the home point phone twice and they never did it correctly, so now we eventually got one for free that is supposed to arrive this Friday.  We had to port twice because they blamed it on a third party verification the first time around.  So this is a continuation of issues).

We are quite frustrated and have had no issues with Comcast for the past several years until we tried to add the home phone service.  

Cable Expert

Re: Comcast unable to complete a porting of a numb

The Comcast Corp escalation team has been notified of your porting issue.

Please watch this tread and your email for updates from the team.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Retired Administrator

Was this resolved today? I spoke with Darlene P. and there was an indication that we took care of this for you after the post.

Just 'Dete'
Retired Help Forums Admin

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.

Regular Visitor

I called again at 2:30 pm EST and the guy I talked to at the time said it would take 48 hours from today. I asked why not from yesterday, since that is when we initially called and he said hte number was not available to be ported.  I explained it was ported on Sunday (worked for a few hours) and he said no.  (Technician that was at our house can agree with me).  I agree it didn't last, but to say that the technician didn't do his job is sort of a stretch....... he did all he could for us.

Anyway - this guy gave me the runaround, and he then asked me for my name, to which I stated that my name is hte name on the account; he then asked me for my phone number and warned me that this conversation was being recorded...........whatever......... i don't care.  Like, it was some sort of threat of some kind.  (aren't you supposed to be asking for the name and phone number up front -- not 10 mins into the conversation?)

I hung up at about 2:50 and not too long after we got a call on the home phone and it magically worked.   So yes, it was finally resolved and I HOPE that once they re-set everythign this evening it still works!!  (otherwise we're back in the same boat as Sunday).

But -- a few things to think about going forward -- this guy said they don't call people back on call back numbers. The tech I spoke to on Sunday did call me back on my cell phone.  The guy today said they only will call back on the home phone (the number that was to be ported over).  It's very frustrating to be dealing with people who have different rules, and "see different things" -- the guy this morning said nothing about it taking 48 hours from today, which the guy from this afternoon kept emphasizing was on his computer screen.  He saw no additional action in the system after my phone call this morning.  So there is just some confusion there and frustration on our end, getting 4 different answers when you talk to 4 different people  

Anyway -- we're good now and I hope that we're still good tomorrow morning.........   if my post this morning helped escalate the issue -- thank you all very much for acting so fast!  :-)

Retired Administrator

I'm glad to hear your service is working properly. The experience you had today was ridiculous and I'll be looking into that.

Just 'Dete'

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

We continue to have problems

1. We called on Thursday this week to inform Comcast that 1) the voice feature isn't showing up on our account online, and 2) the universal caller ID is still not working (on the TV).   We were told it can take about 48 hours for those features to work -- well, it has now been 4 whole business days since our number has been working (Tues of this week)  and the issues have not been resolved.  So it's been more than 48 hours and something must be going on.   When we called about it on Thur, someone told us they would be calling back after looking into it, but nobody has called back yet (today is Saturday).

Darlene did call us this past week (Wed?) and at the time, we told her everything was working, as there was no telling that the universal ID would not be working (Again, would take 48 hours).   Maybe she can look into it again?

We also did get a call from customer service on Thur afternoon (?), but it was more of a survey -- rate the service, rate this, rate that.  I told they guy we were waiting for someone to call us back and that we were still waiting for universal ID etc to work. 

2.  Our phone has still not arrived.  Comcast ordered it for us twice -  Monday Sept 27 and Monday Oct 4.  Both times, it was not done correctly, and hte orders never went thru.  When we were on the phone with the customer service rep last sunday (Oct 10), I ask that since Comcast had screwed this up twice now, that they order the phone for us for free.  He said they would do that, and that the phone would arrive on Friday (yesterday).  So the third order of the phone was on Sunday Oct 10th.   Initially he said it would arrive in 3-5 business days but when he called back (he's hte only person to ever call us back!) he said it would arrive on Friday.  For sure.

The phone has not yet arrived.  We went out last Sunday after the technician was here and bought a phone from Best Buy, as we cannot be without a home phone.   Thank God we did!!! 

So..... we have three outstanding issues

a) universal caller ID

b) voice not showing up on our online account

and

c) the phone has not yet arrived.

We have lost faith in the phone customer service people as we continue to get the run-around and nobody calls us back, as promised.  Therefore, I'm posting about these continued issues here, as they seem to get the proper attention.

Would appreciate this to be escalated and for someone to look into the order of the phone.

Thanks!

Cable Expert

The Comcast Corp escalation team will see your latest post on Monday, and will followup with you on all issues.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Regular Visitor

Great, thank you!

Retired Administrator

We'll look into this again and provide a final resolution. I'm sorry that we've not been able to get the handled fully.

Just 'Dete'

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

My number was to be ported over to another wireless plan requested on Nov. 15 and now it is late Nov. 22 and the porting has still not been accomplished and the technical "executive" is still not able to help.

Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue and now no telephone.   I've been given the runaround for three weeks.  The voice feature has also disappeared from my online account information although NOT from my bill.  They tell me there is now no phone number assigned to my modem even though my landline number has been ported over.  The original number assigned to my modem has "disappeared."   No one seems to be able to fix the problem even though I've been transferred from one department to another and have to explain the whole progression of this mess all over each time.

I love how at the end of each call, after I've been told they can't help me, they have to read the "Comcast is here to help you 24/7" nonsense from their script.  I am being billed for phone service they have no interest in providing.  This is not right!