Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Comcast telephone service

Frequent Visitor

Comcast telephone service

When someone calls our phone number, the answer machine is on.  It does not pick up on our answering machine, instead it says our voicemail is full?  At times it also says our services are disconnected.  We still have services with Comcast and always pay our bill before due date.  We do not know what is going on?  Does anyone know?

Mark Miller
Service Expert

Re: Comcast telephone service

mj6057 wrote:

When someone calls our phone number, the answer machine is on.  It does not pick up on our answering machine, instead it says our voicemail is full?  At times it also says our services are disconnected.  We still have services with Comcast and always pay our bill before due date.  We do not know what is going on?  Does anyone know?

If you are using a personal answering machine and you did not diable the comcast VM service, this may be the problem.  To check, log into your account online and goto:  https://vm.connect.comcast.net/     Check for VMs and delete those not needed and also empty your deleted VM folder as this also count against your VM storage.

To get your personal answering machint to be your preferred device, ensure that the personal answering machine is set to pick up BEFORE the Comcast VM system.   You can check the Comcast VM ring setting here:  https://pf.connect.comcast.net/OptimusPref/prefs/voice

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon