Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Comcast phone is incompatible with AccuConference (Problem using phone to enter Conference Code)

Contributor

Comcast phone is incompatible with AccuConference (Problem using phone to enter Conference Code)

I had a conference call and called the conference# (1.800.786.1922 ). I can successfully reach the automated voice message however when the message states to enter the Participant Code it keeps complaining it is an invalid code. I am absolutley sure the code is correct and it was keyed/punched into the phone buttons correctly. I finally gave up and called on my cell phone and immediately got through on the FIRST try but I was unfortunately late for the conference call.

I called AccuConference and they said they have a 50/50 chance of working with VOIP (or SKYPE) phones. I asked if there was a workaround and they said to see if my vendor can enable DTMF clamping(?). Apparently (they feel) the VOIP phones send out the individual numbers in triplicate and that’s not something they can't handle and prefer land lines and cell phones. This is definitely a huge issue if COMCAST cannot act as a regular land line would. Can someone who is reasonably technical at COMCAST respond/research this? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Email Expert

Re: Comcast phone is incompatible with AccuConference (Problem using phone to enter Conference Code)

I've asked a moderator to investigate.

Although it seems to me that if there were a problem with CDV's DTMF coding, it would affect many other systems, like all the places that ask you to "Dial 1 for this, 2 for that, etc.", and places that require you to enter a credit card number. Maybe the phone menu systems don't have a problem because they only look at the first digit, so it doesn't hurt if CDV sends the numbers in triplicate.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Valued Contributor

Re: Comcast phone is incompatible with AccuConference (Problem using phone to enter Conference Code)

investigating

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Comcast phone is incompatible with AccuConfere

Was the problem resolved? I am experience similar problems with InterCall conference calls.  Everything worked fine until yesterday.  I noticed that the Comcast cable next door was reburied so maybe the problem is related.  Should I request DTMF clamping?