members

online now

discussions

Comcast lies

Frequent Visitor

Comcast lies

Cable Expert

Re: Comcast lies

If you phone is working, then the tel2 light is no meaning to you.  Firmware or software updates to cable modems and eMTA frequently change how the lights show up.

It is common knowledge that you can't exchange a eMTA yourself.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Problem Solver

Comcast seems to have a problem with completely configuring files for modems ie. dates in log files ect.

They seem to view these conveniences, log dates , operational lights as a non issue I for one would like to see correct dates and lights operational for understanding technical problems and being able to further address problems that may arise .  

A search on the Motorola site for that modem says blinking light means in use , now that could just be a badly configured firmware file . Or who knows what .

Maybe someone with a real answer might come along from comcast .    This is primarily a user to user forum although the title on page is deceiving .

Service Expert

This is a customer-to-customer help forum. There are a few Comcast employees who post here in the forum-their names are in red.

The "you" that will be buying you a new pc if your current pc shorts out won't be buying anything if the comment was directed at Jay.

No where in Jay's post does he mention a short.

No one will be able to tell you why the light is blinking.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Problem Solver

No one can tell why light is blinking ? I would hope the person responsible for the ill written script for firmware would be able to answer that question . I doubt they will be surfing threw comcasts customer to customer site though .

Frequent Visitor

Now that was funny I can not even have my freedom of speech in here. I broke no forum rules in the post that was deleted. So why was that. Laughs. It is ok Comcast I understand you can not have evidence of the way you treat your customers. Funny how you speak your opinion but the only things you get is the shaft. So I thought I would add this to the rest of the Screenshots I have took. Did you think I would post that and not have proof that your forum is wrong and someone that knows what they are talking about just showed that. Maybe you guys did not know about the printscreen button. Have a great day. Again Laughing .....

Security Expert

Your post was not deleted. It was moved to a restricted area for Nanny Filter avoidance.

From The Posting Guidelines:

2. Use Profanity

Please keep your posts clean. Our forums have an automated profanity filter to block out inappropriate language. Please do not circumvent it by finding colorful ways to approximate or disguise those words. If you are caught trying to bypass the filters in any way, your posting privileges may be revoked.

"Once I talked to the inmates of an insane asylum in Hartford. I have talked to idiots a thousand times, but only once to the insane..."
Mark Twain

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon