Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Comcast gives up!

Regular Contributor

Comcast gives up!

In the last month, service has been out for various periods of time. About 8 in the lst Month. I called the executive office and their response is: (Joe): There is nothing we can do it is working now. The fact that it was out 8 times in the last month, should lead you to understand, that the service is not perfect. You are free to seek another service." If your service is working now, there is nothing we can do!

My levels are always excellent, but the modem either stops providing service and or reboots without cause.

Downstream
  Freq/Power: 693.000 MHz  1 dBmV   
  Signal to Noise Ratio:   36 dB  
  Modulation: QAM256  
-------------------------------------------------------
Upstream
  Freq/Power: 35.600 MHz  35 dBmV  
  Channel Type: DOCSIS 1.x (TDMA)  
  Symbol Rate: 2560 kSym/sec  
  Modulation: QAM16
- Bill
Regular Contributor

Re: Comcast gives up!

Hope spinrgs eternal. I recieved a call form a forum moderator who is committed to and taking steps to determine the cause of the problem.

What a positive response that is compared to some other companies forum, where the employees come and go, but accomplish little in terms of getting results.

So, time will tell on the resolution of this particular issue, but I will give it some time.

- Bill
- Bill
Regular Contributor

Hello WKG:

I’m sorry that you’re still having problems with your Comcast Digital Voice service. I’ve checked the signal levels to your eMTA and though they look normal, I am seeing some other problems that need further investigation. I’ve already escalated this to your local market, and I will be contacting you today with information and an update on what were doing to correct the issue. Again, I’m very sorry for the problems you’re having, but I will work to correct the problem.

Remember, the quickest way to get assistance from Comcast is to contact us, or you can email me directly if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

modmlr

Regular Contributor

Despite commitment to identify the problem shown in the error log, no resolustion.

Ssame problem again today at 3:22PM

Message Edited by WKG on 09-14-2007 03:36 PM
- Bill
Regular Contributor

Re: Comcast gives up? The saga continues

About 2 weeks ago, they replace the modem with the Arris 502.

Last night the modem reboots without any reason shown in the error log.

Today No phone/internet for 5 minutes. When it comes back, the modem shows no eveidence of a problem!

Tried to call the 800 number and the call was misrouted several times, when someone did answer after about 5 tries an d10 minutes of time, then the call was dropped in about 30 seconds!

Message Edited by WKG on 10-04-2007 03:49 PM
- Bill
Regular Contributor

Hi WKG,

As we had discussed over the phone a few weeks ago, we need for you to contact us as soon as the problem occurs, either by email, Private Message or the direct phone number we gave you. As of this moment, the signal levels going into and out of your home read normal.

I'm sorry that you’re still experiencing a problem. Please contact us by one of the suggested methods to further troubleshoot.

Thanks for posting,

Jim

Regular Contributor

Don't blame me, I called the numbers and sent a private message when the problem occurrec. I also emailed the local TOS and a compadre with the details, but as usual no response.

It's not my job to callyou, but your job to supply a service that works reliably. When It doesn't, then you nedd to use equipment which can determine the casue of a failure. BTW, looking at signial levles will get you nowhere in the case, as the log which I have for over a year show that that is not the problem. Either its a problem in the modem (unlikely since the modem was just replaced, and the prior one had the same problems, or it is a problem upstram from hear!

So give up the blame the customer rubbish!
- Bill
Regular Contributor

Same problem again, and you heard it since you were on the phone. CAll Agent loss of Comm. It resolves itself after several minutes.
- Bill
Regular Contributor

You call and continue to blame me! The problem is not here. If you continue to waste my time.
Downstream   Freq/Power: 693.000 MHz 2 dBmV     Signal to Noise Ratio:  36 dB     Modulation: QAM256  
Upstream   Freq/Power: 35.600 MHz 34 dBmV     Channel Type: DOCSIS 1.x (TDMA)     Symbol Rate: 2560 kSym/sec     Modulation: QAM16

Here is the error log:
10/4/2007 15:23 2 4115 65530 Call Agent Loss of Communications removed AALN/1:*********************************
10/4/2007 15:23 5 4115 65530 Call Agent Loss of Communications- Cleared 0removed AALN/1:*********************************
10/9/2007 9:28 2 4115 65530 Call Agent Loss of Communications removed AALN/1:*********************************
 10/9/2007 9:30 5 4115 65530 Call Agent Loss of Communications- Cleared removed AALN/1:*********************************

Perhaps someone else knows what this means
- Bill
Regular Contributor

Hi Bill,

Between the first time you posted yesterday (10/08) and the post you entered 10/09 we have been working diligently to solve your issue.

One of our Customer Accounte Executives will be in contact with you directly to ensure your service is working properly. I apologize for the inconvenience and do hope that this answers your questions more clearly. Please feel free to email me directly if you have any further questions.

Jim