Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Comcast digital voice...no fax anymore?

Regular Contributor

Comcast digital voice...no fax anymore?

Ok, here I go again. I have had the whole comcast package for a few months but this is the first time I came across a fax machine problem. If this has been asked before, I am sorry, I don't see it? I was sent a fax today and though on their end it said it went through, it did not come to me. I can send out, but not receive...I think. Maybe I have to change something on the phone menu, but the comcast voice booklet and the phone menu, doesn't mention fax machines? It worked fine with dial-up. I had turned on the fax-which is a 4-1 system, and comcast voice mail answered? The fax machine switched itself over to fax, from copy ( which is an auto default) but nothing arrived? While I am at it, can I turn off the comcast answering machine? If so, will my old answering machine pick up then? Thanks.....remember if you don't know me from the other forums...I am "PC illiterate"
Security Expert

Re: Comcast digital voice...no fax anymore?

TANSTAAFL!!

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Re: Comcast digital voice...no fax anymore?

Thanks Cajun. I will have to send an e-mail to "E-care" in your link. All in the list is working and Comcast's phone number just plays music for hours while you wait!