Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Comcast changed number without permission

New Poster

Comcast changed number without permission

I cancelled my cable services but kept my phone and internet.  I found out a day later from a family member that I had a new number on the caller ID and my old number said that it was disconnected.  I have called Comcast two to three times a week and they assure me that they will change it back, but nothing changes.  Each time I talk to someone they even have the audacity to tell  me I am lucky that the number is still available.  I have spoken to several supervisors and nothing.  I am new to my area and sent out a slew of resumes with my old number on them.  

I am at my wits end.  I just got off the phone with Comcast and  I was hung up on.

HELP.

Problem Solver

Re: Comcast changed number without permission

Hi

You should contact Comcast Irma or Larry regarding customer service and billing errors. They hang out on second page of "Who's Online" then scroll down to bottom of page View all. Their names appear in RED as do all Comcast employees here. Send them a private message. You can access received messages in the tiny tiny grey envelope upper right of this page.

Hope that helps fellow Comcast customer.

Service Expert

UHFandHD wrote:

Hi

You should contact Comcast Irma or Larry regarding customer service and billing errors. They hang out on second page of "Who's Online" then scroll down to bottom of page View all. Their names appear in RED as do all Comcast employees here. Send them a private message. You can access received messages in the tiny tiny grey envelope upper right of this page.

Hope that helps fellow Comcast customer.             

1) They will only be listed if they are currently signed in to the forums. If they are not you won't see their names listed.
2) It is not necessarily true that they "hang out on the second page of "Who's Online". IF they are online they could be listed on the first page, as both are at the time I am typing this reply.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Correction noted, is there a alternative for help if they are not online ?