New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Comcast Tech Look here plz -Migrating Digital Phone to CDV -Not receiving calls

Frequent Visitor

Comcast Tech Look here plz -Migrating Digital Phone to CDV -Not receiving calls

What's up my peoples

Last week I called Comcast and switched from the Old digital Phone + HSI to CDV + HSI. I was moving to a different apartment on the same property. I opted to keep my same number.

On Saturday 11/4, Comcast arrived and did the installation. I was at work so I left the wife to ensure everyting got installed where I wanted it. After I got home, I tried calling out and it worked fine.

But....

I can not receive calls...

It seems when someone calls my number, it rings in the old apartment (Digital Phone) instead of the new (CDV).

I have called comcast tech support and both times they said it would be fixed within hours.

I was told by one person (last night) that apparantly the transfer of service was not done properly and he was going to start a ticket and hopefully it should be fixed soon.

Any Comcast techs here to assist in getting a speedier resolve?

TIA

-Oz

Message Edited by Jamaican-Yardy on 11-06-200612:18 PM

Regular Contributor

Re: Comcast Tech Look here plz -Migrating Digital Phone to CDV -Not receiving calls

Hi Jamaican-Yardy,

I apologize for the problems you've been having with getting your Comcast Digital Voice service to work correctly.  I'm sending you a private forum message and email so that I can get a little more information from you and look into this.  Please respond and I'll be happy to assist.

Thanks!

Geoff.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Comcast Tech Look here plz -Migrating Digital Phone to CDV -Not receiving calls

Phone seems fixed as of this posting.

Thanks Comcast.

Message Edited by Jamaican-Yardy on 11-07-200602:07 PM