Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Comcast Phone incoming callers get busy signal

Regular Visitor

Comcast Phone incoming callers get busy signal

Just had comcast phone installed 2 hours ago. I can call out but anyone calling me gets a busy signal and not using phone.

New Poster

Re: Comcast Phone incoming callers get busy signal

I had the same issue. I would be standing next to my home phone, call it on my cell phone and get a busy signal. Yet I can still get 800 numbers calling me. I had called Comcast twice, they claimed they put in a "port" and wait 2 days to call them back. It has been over a week and my phone still doesn't work properly.

New Poster

I am having same problem, i called myself and my phone rang.  I have a dial tone and I can call out kwith no problem.

New Poster

i really think comcast needs to get out of the phone business.

Frequent Visitor

Yes, I can make a call out on my VOIP phone. But I receive no incoming calls. The Voip phone never ringers. And I have now tested on two different phones. Some issue.

Also called Comcast and they say its the ringer. But the ringer is fine. So are 2 phone bad or is there an issue with the modem?

Problem Solver

I have had the same problem, just reboot your modem or eMTA using the reset button on the back, this will fix the problem

Frequent Visitor

I tried that and still have the same problem. Also called Comcast and they sent a refresh signal, still have the problem.

They say it's the ringer. But I have both phones with the ringer on. All the basic's fail.

Service Expert

MaskedStamper wrote:

I tried that and still have the same problem. Also called Comcast and they sent a refresh signal, still have the problem.

They say it's the ringer. But I have both phones with the ringer on. All the basic's fail.

If you have one, plug in an old type pushbutton phone  ( I have a couple lying around just for this ).... plug into EMAT device and see if it rings and accepts the call.... that will help define the issue of yours versus older style....

Not eveyrhitng is VOIP compatible, regardless of what is stated.....   Your internal wiring could also be degrading that incoming ring due to ground issues....

-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

This phone model was recommended and at first worked until I turned the ringer off:

Uniden model D1364

This phone will no longer make out or incoming calls.

This is my old phone and can only make outgoing calls:

Panasonic KX-TG6074B

My phone(s) are directly connected to the modem. Not sure what an EMAT device is. 

Problem Solver

Introduction

Most equipment works fine with XFINITY Voice, but there are a few products that do not.

The following equipment is known to have a high probability of errors with XFINITY Voice service:

Telephones

• Bang & Olufsen: BeoCom 1
  • Bang & Olufsen: Beocom 2
  • Bang & Olufsen: BeoCom 4
  • Bang & Olufsen: BeoCom 5
  • Bang & Olufsen: BeoCom 1401
  • Southwestern Bell GH4102

Telephone/Caller ID Units

• AT&T 5830
  • AT&T E2727B 2.4 GHz Dual Handset Answering System with Caller ID and Call Waiting
  • GE 21018GE3
  • GE 21028GE3 (with answering machine)
  • GE 25838GE3-A
  • Memorex MPH3388
  • Motorola MD700 Series
  • Motorola MD751
  • Motorola MD761 (with answering machine)
  • MD70
  • Uniden DXAI5188-2 (with answering machine)
    • CIDCW (caller ID with call waiting) functions properly
    • User may hear additional tones and signals after the call waiting indicator tone
    • This is normal for some Uniden phones
  • Uniden EXI5160
    • User may hear additional tones and signals after the call waiting indicator tone
  • Uniden DXI 386-2

Fax Machines

• Hitachi Omni Fax HF18TME

Note: There may be other equipment brands or models that are incompatible with the XFINITY Voice service.

Problem Solver

Plug a wired phone not wireless into the telephone line 1 jack and try it. Let us know what happens.

New Poster

Re: Comcast Phone no incoming calls

Same problem- I ahve a Uniden phone- could that be the problem? I rarely receive outside calls- but have been able to call out.

Called comcast- they were sending a tech until it all of a sudden was working- but now I also don;t get a dial tone.

My phone line is only connected to my modem.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Comcast Phone no incoming calls

Thanks for the replies. 

I just found out that my problem is not hardware related. Someone did a third party verification on the number that comacst gave me. So now that person is using my number, but I still can only make outgoing calls.

So now comcast had me to a third party verification my the same number. Still doesn't work. My number is stuck bewteen comcast and AT&T now. OH what fun!!!!!!!!!!