Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Comcast Killed My Phone number

Frequent Visitor

Comcast Killed My Phone number

I've had the same phone number with Comcast for 6 years. Recently I've been using it for business purposes so forward it to my cell phone.

A couple of months ago, I had to get a new modem. When I did, the voice service never worked in my house but I could still forward all of my calls to my cell phone. As of today, I can no longer even do that. The Connect app will not make phone calls and gives me an error when I try to forward my calls to my cell phone. When I call my home phone number, I got a message saying that the line has been disconnected.

I spent an infuriating 45 minutes on the phone with tech support only to be told that attack needs to visit my home. As this is costing me money ( since anyone who calls me get the message saying my number's been disconnected) I expected attack to be available fairly quickly. The phone rep offer to have somebody to my house in two days with no other options.
Service Expert

Re: Comcast Killed My Phone number

giesekejs wrote:
I've had the same phone number with Comcast for 6 years. Recently I've been using it for business purposes so forward it to my cell phone.

A couple of months ago, I had to get a new modem. When I did, the voice service never worked in my house but I could still forward all of my calls to my cell phone. As of today, I can no longer even do that. The Connect app will not make phone calls and gives me an error when I try to forward my calls to my cell phone. When I call my home phone number, I got a message saying that the line has been disconnected.

I spent an infuriating 45 minutes on the phone with tech support only to be told that attack needs to visit my home. As this is costing me money ( since anyone who calls me get the message saying my number's been disconnected) I expected attack to be available fairly quickly. The phone rep offer to have somebody to my house in two days with no other options.

Allow the TECH the chance to make this right...something has changed and only a TECH may be able to fix this.... if he/she cannot, the TECH can escalate this up the ladder to make it right.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Comcast Killed My Phone number

1. I'm happy to let them try to solve it. The problem is that my home number is effectively my business number so waiting 2 days for a tech to come out is unacceptable since Comcast won't pay me in the interim.

2. I was able to get the problem solved by chatting with a technician who provisioned my modem and did not require a tech to visit my home.