Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Comcast Is A Joke!!!!!

New Poster

Comcast Is A Joke!!!!!

Obviously everyone knows what a joke Comcast is, and it's just a matter of time before streaming services make them irrelevant......a day which I look forward to.  My recent experience certainly takes the cake however.  

On Wednesday, May 6th, I received an automated call from Comcast attempting to confirm a service appointment the following day.  No one in my household called to schedule an appointment, so I followed the prompts to speak with a representative regarding this alleged appointment.  When I spoke with an agent, she was highly confused, and was of no help in explaining why this appointment was scheduled, who scheduled it, or what exactly the service call was to address.  Her suggestion to me was that if I didn't request the appointment that she could go ahead and cancel it out.  Somewhat perplexed, I asked her, "well if one of your people felt the need to schedule this appointment, then there must be a reason, why would we cancel it?".  Nonetheless, I told her that they provide the service, so she can decide whether this is a necessary appointment or not, and act accordingly.  

I run a business from my home office, and the phone which is provided by Comcast is the main business line.  When I returned to my office on May 7th, the phone line was dead.  I attempted to call customer support, sat on hold for nearly an hour, and had to leave the office for an appopintment.  I assumed there was some type of local ooutage, as is relatively common with Comcast service.    I left on Friday, May 8th for a scheduled business trip, assuming that my phone service was reinstated.  

Upon my return on May 11th, I was shocked to find that my phone service was still not working.  This equated to five full days without phone service.  I spend thousands in advertising and marketing (my business is a real estate brokerage) to direct traffic to this phone line, and it's been unavailable for five full days.  I promptly got on the phone with Comcast.

Once I reached an agent, I was informed that there was no phone service associated with my account.  Period.  It turns out that my phone line was "ported out", in other words, made available to someone else.  I certainly didn't initiate or authorize this.  I received no explanation as to who initiated this, why this was initiated, or how it could have happened without my consent.  After spending over an hour on the phone, the agent seemed to have the problem resolved.  She said that "I was lucky" that the number was still available.......wow....really?   Anyways, she said that the problem was resolved, and my service should be reinstated within the next couple of hours.  

Fast forward to later that evening.  I settled in to watch out of town baseball games on the MLB Extra Innings subscription that I purchased when baseball season started.  When I attempted to do this, I was met with an error message stating that I needed the MLB Extra Innings subscription package in order to view these channels.  These are channels that I've been watching for over a month after paying for the subscription.  

Back on the phone with an agent for another hour, who eventually got my MLB package up and running.  While I had him on the phone, I thought to check my office line to see if it had been restored, only to find out that it hadn't.  I asked why it wasn't restored yet, and again, he had no clue.  The best he could do was get a tech out on Thursday.  I told him that I can't go another three days without phone service to my business, and that I demanded an earlier appointment.  He explained that his system wouldn't allow him to schedule any sooner, but that he'd put a rush request in and it was almost assured that I'd get a much earlier appointment.  I was to wait for a confirmation call for an appointment, and the tech would come out and assess the situation.  

Each day passed, and I never received a call to schedule an appointment for a tech to visit.  Thursday came and went, and I never received a call for an appopintment, and no tech has showed up.  

Twelve days have passed without phone service.  My business has been decimated.  I spend more than $2000/week on advertising with my office phone number on it, and over the last 12 days responses to this advertising have been met with a message saying this is not a valid number.  I've lost tens of thousands of dollars in missed opportunities.   Clients have called only to assume that I'm out of business.  I can't even start to put a dollar figure on the damage that's been done to my reputation as a result of this.

This is the result of utter and negligent ineptitude on the behalf of Comcast.  The lack of knowledge, accountability and the inability to resolve my issue is shocking.  Comcast clearly screwed something up here, and they don't even have an aswer as to what they've screwed up.  

Beware of Comcast and their negligence.  I'm in the process of retaining counsel, as well as being in touch with local media outlets to bring this ineptitude to light, so that Comcast will be held accountable bot legally and publicly for the damage that they've caused to my livelihood.  

Regular Visitor

Re: Comcast Is A Joke!!!!!

I agree completely. All of these cale service companies are living on borrowed time.

Administrator
Administrator

Re: Comcast Is A Joke!!!!!

Matg7483 wrote:

Obviously everyone knows what a joke Comcast is, and it's just a matter of time before streaming services make them irrelevant......a day which I look forward to.  My recent experience certainly takes the cake however.  

On Wednesday, May 6th, I received an automated call from Comcast attempting to confirm a service appointment the following day.  No one in my household called to schedule an appointment, so I followed the prompts to speak with a representative regarding this alleged appointment.  When I spoke with an agent, she was highly confused, and was of no help in explaining why this appointment was scheduled, who scheduled it, or what exactly the service call was to address.  Her suggestion to me was that if I didn't request the appointment that she could go ahead and cancel it out.  Somewhat perplexed, I asked her, "well if one of your people felt the need to schedule this appointment, then there must be a reason, why would we cancel it?".  Nonetheless, I told her that they provide the service, so she can decide whether this is a necessary appointment or not, and act accordingly.  

I run a business from my home office, and the phone which is provided by Comcast is the main business line.  When I returned to my office on May 7th, the phone line was dead.  I attempted to call customer support, sat on hold for nearly an hour, and had to leave the office for an appopintment.  I assumed there was some type of local ooutage, as is relatively common with Comcast service.    I left on Friday, May 8th for a scheduled business trip, assuming that my phone service was reinstated.  

Upon my return on May 11th, I was shocked to find that my phone service was still not working.  This equated to five full days without phone service.  I spend thousands in advertising and marketing (my business is a real estate brokerage) to direct traffic to this phone line, and it's been unavailable for five full days.  I promptly got on the phone with Comcast.

Once I reached an agent, I was informed that there was no phone service associated with my account.  Period.  It turns out that my phone line was "ported out", in other words, made available to someone else.  I certainly didn't initiate or authorize this.  I received no explanation as to who initiated this, why this was initiated, or how it could have happened without my consent.  After spending over an hour on the phone, the agent seemed to have the problem resolved.  She said that "I was lucky" that the number was still available.......wow....really?   Anyways, she said that the problem was resolved, and my service should be reinstated within the next couple of hours.  

Fast forward to later that evening.  I settled in to watch out of town baseball games on the MLB Extra Innings subscription that I purchased when baseball season started.  When I attempted to do this, I was met with an error message stating that I needed the MLB Extra Innings subscription package in order to view these channels.  These are channels that I've been watching for over a month after paying for the subscription.  

Back on the phone with an agent for another hour, who eventually got my MLB package up and running.  While I had him on the phone, I thought to check my office line to see if it had been restored, only to find out that it hadn't.  I asked why it wasn't restored yet, and again, he had no clue.  The best he could do was get a tech out on Thursday.  I told him that I can't go another three days without phone service to my business, and that I demanded an earlier appointment.  He explained that his system wouldn't allow him to schedule any sooner, but that he'd put a rush request in and it was almost assured that I'd get a much earlier appointment.  I was to wait for a confirmation call for an appointment, and the tech would come out and assess the situation.  

Each day passed, and I never received a call to schedule an appointment for a tech to visit.  Thursday came and went, and I never received a call for an appopintment, and no tech has showed up.  

Twelve days have passed without phone service.  My business has been decimated.  I spend more than $2000/week on advertising with my office phone number on it, and over the last 12 days responses to this advertising have been met with a message saying this is not a valid number.  I've lost tens of thousands of dollars in missed opportunities.   Clients have called only to assume that I'm out of business.  I can't even start to put a dollar figure on the damage that's been done to my reputation as a result of this.

This is the result of utter and negligent ineptitude on the behalf of Comcast.  The lack of knowledge, accountability and the inability to resolve my issue is shocking.  Comcast clearly screwed something up here, and they don't even have an aswer as to what they've screwed up.  

Beware of Comcast and their negligence.  I'm in the process of retaining counsel, as well as being in touch with local media outlets to bring this ineptitude to light, so that Comcast will be held accountable bot legally and publicly for the damage that they've caused to my livelihood.  

I apologize for the bad experienced you had with the service. I noticed a provisioning issue with the phone service from our end and made a correction. Can you check and see if it might be working from your end now? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon