New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Comcast Digital Voice

Regular Visitor

Comcast Digital Voice

Hello
I signed up for digital voice recently and kept my old number and now I am getting a substanial amount of telemarketing calls! This was not a problem when I had At&t. Why is this? I even use the call screening feature that comcast supplies, but it still doesnt stop the calls. My wife works Midnights, so she has to sleep during the day and the phone does nothing but ring. I also need to say that my name is Robert <REMOVED> and I started to change my name to Robert <REMOVED> that is why the account name is in Robert <REMOVED> Name. I never legaly changed my name and I only used the Robert <REMOVED> name for comcast and nothing else and I mean nothing else. I notified comcast of this and they sent me paperwork to change the account name to Robert <REMOVED> and I mailed the Paperwork back a month ago but the change has still not taken affect.The reason I mention this is becasue I have Started receiving mail from diffrent companies in the name of Robert <REMOVED> which means Comcast had to sell my name and probably sold my number as well since I am getting all these telemarketing calls. Like I said I never used or gave the Robert Wright name to anyone except comcast! I also have a complaint abot your bundle. They conned me into to gettig the bundle by telling me that all my service would be the same plus I would get digital voice and it would only cost me $129.99. I asked them if I would get billed for an extra month several times and they told me that I wouldnt. sure enough when I get my bill is was charged for 2 months. Plus my bill for the bundle was more than $129.99 as it had fees for the DVR and a bunch of other hidden fees that I was never told about. I called in to customer service about this and they basically said There was nothing they could do. I also noticed that my Powerboost on my downloads never works! Why is this? I know it works in my area as I work for a private home business right across the street from my home and the downloads are way faster and they have the exact same service as I do. they do not have the upgraded service or comcast business as I am the one who takes care of the bills there. Anyhow something needs done about this or I am leaving comcast and going to Dish or Direct Tv for my Cable and At&t for my internet and Phone. I have 4 dependants to take care of and I really didnt need a $400 Cable/Phone/Internet bill ecspecially when I specifacally stated to the Sales Rep that I wouldnt change my service if this happened. All by the way why cant I get Universal HD Channel now, I have been watching it the past year and now it says call comcast to Purchase?
Sincerly an unhappy Customer
Robert <REMOVED>

<Adminstrators Note, remove personal information for security reasons. Please review our Guidelines here>

Message Edited by ComcastGeorge on 09-16-2008 11:37 AM

Message Edited by ComcastGeorge on 09-16-2008 11:38 AM
Email Expert

Re: Comcast Digital Voice

Did you put your phone number on the do-not-call list? I think I've read that you need to re-do it when you change service providers. I'm guessing that when a telco processes a cancellation, they notify the DNC list that the phone number has been terminated, and they don't exempt transfers from this process.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Comcast Digital Voice

Good Morning Satman07,

I will make sure this is reviewed for you. I apologize for your experience.

Please email or 'DM' me with any questions.
George Lunski
"Retired" Comcast Help Forums Administrator

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon