Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Comcast CallerID on Cell Phone

Frequent Visitor

Comcast CallerID on Cell Phone

Last year I converted to Comcast as my home phone provider.  For a very long time when my home phone rang I would ge a visual and audio notice on my iPhone.  This stopped this past spring when either there was a iPhone iOS update or when the Comcast APP updated to Xfinity.

I loved it!!!  It was so neat to know when someone was calling my home number .. such as the doctor's office or the pharmacist or my mortage company (when I was in the middle of refinance), etc.  It was just the best thing!

Did anyone have this and then it disappear?  Wish it was back.

Problem Solver

Re: Comcast CallerID on Cell Phone

--

Sorry for the inconvenience.

You can download the xfinity mobile app for quick access to Check out Voice call logs and play Voicemail, View call history including missed calls and Set call forwarding of Voice phone line.

You can also set your notifications inside the app as well as log into xfinity connect and set up your notifications.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for the (generic) reply.  I did all that a long time ago and have no problem using any of it.  It was just a neat thing that happened with my home phone rang my iPhone would let me know with a notice.  I didn't have to go into an app and tap all around ... it just appeared.

Guess the answer is No.

Problem Solver

-

Without wanting to use the app as I mentioned you can set up automatic email notifications for when a new voicemail is received. You can select either a voicemail transcript (readable voicemail) or have it included as an attachment.

1. Go to the Preferences tab, then the Call Manager sub-tab
  2. If there are multiple phone numbers, select one to manage
  3. Either fill in an email address manually or select an email address from the drop down menu - this feature allows you to select up to 25 different email addresses to notify
  4. Click Add
  5. Select either 'Send transcripts via email' and/or 'Send voicemail as attachment'

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-
Frequent Visitor

what I'm talking about has nothing to do with voicemail.  I'm talking about when the home phone actually rings it showed up on the iPhone.  This is waaaaaay before a voicemail is left.

Frequent Visitor

and ... it's not like I can pick up the call - it's not call forwarding - it's just a notificaiton that the home phone is ringing.

Frequent Visitor

The answer must still be no.

Problem Solver

--

Sorry for the delay. Having your home phones caller id also display on your cell phone is not an option we support for our customers.

The next option to see who has called you and also listen to voicemails your next alternative would be to set up the notifications or download the xfinity mobile app I previously informed you of.

If you require more assistance. Please let me know.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-