Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Collect call charges?

Contributor

Collect call charges?

Being new to comcast digital voice, I was just wondering if any one has a general idea of the cost of accepting a collect call from Germany or Kosovo? I searched the boards but found no info. I know each long distance co. is different, but just a general idea?
I don't want to be shocked when the phone bill arrives, I want to be prepared!
Thanks
Regular Contributor

Re: Collect call charges?

Hi oobydooby,

All collect call charges will vary depending on the long distance provider used by the calling party. One way of identifing the charge is to suggest that the calling party contact their own service provider and ask them for the charge per minute to that particular country as well as the charge for completing the call.

Thanks for posting,

Jim

Contributor

Thanks JimWe.
I was thinking of calling the company myself because I'm sure the calling party (lazy son, hehe) won't have time to do that for his mom!
Maybe they can give me a general idea.
I bought him a Verizon International calling card and it wouldn't work for him (from Germany), he said they only use AT&T international calling cards. I'm out $30! ( I had asked Comcast about which calling cards work with the CDV service, they said they have no way of knowing, so I took a chance and bought the wrong card)! Oh well, live and learn.

Peace
Contributor

Be advised: Collect call charges were extremely expensive! 4 collect calls from Germany = $166.00. Is it because of not having a land-line? A few short years ago, when my son was in Iraq, collect calls to our land - line were much cheaper. Probably 60% cheaper.
To a mod. that can help me, can I call the long distance company that handled my collect calls and cancel their service? It just doesn't make sense to me, the calls being so expensive - other than the only reason being that it is no longer a land-line.
Thanks