New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Changing to digital phone service

ANSWERED
New Poster

Changing to digital phone service

I signed up for the triple play package offered here in Minnesota. Had the tech install cable,internet and phone. After he left went to use a phone in another room and had no dial tone. When I contacted Comcast they told me there was a charge of 19.95 per jack activation fee. During the process of my ordering of services nothing was mentioned about these charges. My Question to you is: Has this happened to anyone else. We have one primary phone line that runs through the house, why wouldn't all lines be activated?
Accepted Solution

Re: Changing to digital phone service

Is the working phone plugged directly into the emta modem?  If so, unplug it and run a phone line between the modem and the nearest phone outlet on the wall.  Then try the other phones again.
View answer in context
Problem Solver

Is the working phone plugged directly into the emta modem?  If so, unplug it and run a phone line between the modem and the nearest phone outlet on the wall.  Then try the other phones again.
New Poster

Thank you. I did what you said and it worked. I wonder why Comcast could not make that same suggestion.
Problem Solver

Glad it worked.  I'm not an electrical engineer, I'm a chemical engineer - but I figure wires are just little hoses that the electrons flow through.  If the electrons aren't flowing to the right place, I check to see if the hose is disconnected...  Smiley Wink