Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Changing the plan

Contributor

Changing the plan

I have digital tv package and internet package 8 mbit.
Last month i order also phone service and i ask how much i have to pay for all service,that`t mean stay with same service plus add phone lines.
Agent told me is gona be around 132$ per month,but nobody told me that comcast is going to cut my 8 mbit to 6 mbit internet connection.
Yesterday i see my upload speed is very slowly around 40kb/s
Then  i think probably something is wrong bei the comcast.
Today i call comcast and i find out that comcast cut my internet line from 8 mbit 6 mbit.
If they told to me they going to cut my internet connection i never going to order phone lines.
They told you save money,but that is not true.If they give to you something and cut from you something else that`t not true.
Right now im looking for new phone service.
Regular Contributor

Re: Changing the plan

Dear Crow,

I’m sorry for the misunderstanding, but indeed you are correct. The Triple Play promotion normally does provide High Speed Internet service at 6 mps, as compared to the 8 mps that you were use to; even so, because this was not explained to you when you signed up for Triple Play, we have returned your internet speeds to the previous level of 8 mps, with no change in the cost of your service.

I hope you enjoy your new service and please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Richard

Contributor

Thanx for ansver and i alredy send to you pm.
Regular Contributor

Well this is no good at all.  I am going to be more than a little upset by this if indeed my speed tier has been lowered.

I just checked  the Triple Play Promotion on Comcast.com and sure enough, it states that only the "...6.0 Mbps High-Speed Internet Access..." is available with the Comcast Premier Triple Play bundle, which is what I currently have.  However I signed a contract with Comcast and the contract clearly states:

Comcast Premier Triple Play:  digital Premier (includes use of one digital converter and remote) with 5 premium channels (HBO, Showtime, Starz, Cinemax and The Movie Channel), Sports Entertainment Package, Comcast High-Speed Internet Performance Plus (8 Mbps) or Blast! (16 Mbps where available), and Comcast Digital Voice with unlimited local and long distance phone service for 24 months at $XXX.XX.
So how and when did this change?  I don't believe that it is legal to change the terms of the contract without some sort of compensation.  I know it states that if I renege on any of the terms I must pay a $150 early termination fee.

How can I find out which tier I am currently on?  My speed as measured at DSL Reports was up considerably after my plan was upgraded with the bundle, but it has been testing quite a bit lower for a while now. Most speed tests are deceptive though because of the Comcast Powerboost feature.  I appreciate any help/advice.

Thanks!

Jim

Email Expert

J-Mac wrote:
I don't believe that it is legal to change the terms of the contract without some sort of compensation.

I'm not a lawyer, but I don't think that's true. I think notification and allowing you to cancel the service without penalty is sufficient, and simply posting the new terms on their web site constitutes notification.

Actually, I think the contract itself should spell out the conditions that allow it to be amended.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon