Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Changing Phone Number

Contributor

Changing Phone Number

We would like to change our number, but want to know what it would cost first. Anybody have any idea? I searched the Comcast site, but could find nothing about it.

New Poster

Re: Changing Phone Number

There is no charge to change your phone number.  It is done as a zero charge no truck order. 

Hope this helps.

Stacy

New Poster

Re: Changing Phone Number

Jim, if you are not yet with Comcast - DON'T DO IT! Comcast does not have a clue what they're doing re: phone service and should have stuck with Cable TV period. I'm posting in other areas here, but all I can say is since I've been on Triple Play - basically, in all the years my phone's been with Comcast, I don't know if I have phone service until I pick up the receiver to make a call. I'm in the middle of an even bigger nightmare right now - when you dial my number you receive a recording "this number is no longer in service, please check your number and dial again" - I'm on Day 11 of this nightmare, so my best advice to one and all: DON'T SWITCH YOUR PHONE SERVICE TO COMCAST BECAUSE THEY ARE INCOMPETENT WHEN IT COMES TO PHONE SERVICE!!!!!!!