New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Change Outgoing Caller ID

New Poster

Change Outgoing Caller ID

Dear Comcast Customer Service:

We have called you (3) times, and visited your local office (1) time in order to resolve this Caller ID issue.

We added a new line (2) weeks ago, and the Caller ID shows the wrong name on outgoing calls. 

Please help me resolve this.  So far I have had the worst customer service experience of my life.

Thank You,

Mandy Brady

Official Employee

Re: Change Outgoing Caller ID

I do see that they opened a ticket for you for the wrong name being active in the phone switch, and that they corrected that on our end.

While outgoing caller id is often determined by the phone provider of the person you are calling, in this case we had the wrong information and can take 72 hours to fully update after a change is made.

As of right now, it is not updated in our system.  I will check on it a bit later for you, and if it is still not updated, I will reenter a ticket for you to ensure this is corrected and you will have the right name on your outgoing caller id.

Comcast Nick
Supervisor
Executive Customer Relations

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I have been having the same problem with Outgoing Caller ID - my number shows up but the name says Anonymous - I have called Comcast as well and they said they fixed it.  Can you help me?

Official Employee

waynedfull wrote:

I have been having the same problem with Outgoing Caller ID - my number shows up but the name says Anonymous - I have called Comcast as well and they said they fixed it.  Can you help me?

I don't see anything open about your caller ID on this account. 

When did you call in?

Comcast Nick
Supervisor
Executive Customer Relations

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

PLEASE HELP!  We have also been dealing with this issue for several months.  We have two lines and would like to have the second line have my husband's name associated with it for outgoing calls.  We've called three times, each time told that it was fixed and wait up to 72 hours for it to take effect - but nothing ever changes.

The account is in my name, but we'd be fine with chanign that and having all the phones use my husband's name if that is what has to happen to get this to work!

Please advise!

Thank you! - Jill Ludlam

New Poster

We have been having the same problem, haunted by phone calls looking for a Pablo Lopez and the money he owes them. Can you please change our outgoing caller ID to my name, would really appreciate it! Please let me know what form etc that I need to fill out to accomplish this.

Thanks!

Regular Contributor

If Comcast cannot get your caller id issue fixed, you can give the company TARGUSInfo a call at 1-800-682-7487 and tell them that you want to fix your outgoing caller ID information.  This is the company that handles the Comcast caller ID database and I read on another Comcast forum post that this company got the caller id issue fixed when Comcast could not get it fixed.

The link to the forum post where I got this information is http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Universal-Caller-ID/Caller-ID-shows-wrong-name/td-p/856131/page/2