New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Cannot transfer phone number to Comcast

New Poster

Cannot transfer phone number to Comcast

Hi,

I am getting ready to convert to the triple play which will require me to change my phone service over to Comcast.  When the representative went to enter in my existing phone number, it would not allow him to do so stating some type of error.  I am currently with Vonage so he advised I call them.  When I called, Vonage said that there is no special hold on my number and gave me an email for Comcast to use with further issues.

I need to keep my existing number.  I am wondering if there are any further suggestions I can provide when I call back to Comcast.  My order for the Triple play is on hold since I wanted to get the number issue figured out first. 

Any advice is appreciated.  Thanks!

Theresa

Frequent Visitor

Re: Cannot transfer phone number to Comcast

I went through the same thing when transfering a number from Lingo (VOIP) to Comcast.  Most likely, the issue has to do with the "rate center" that the number is assigned to.  I am from the Minneapolis area and on one of my numbers I tried to transfer in, the rate center was blocked for portability.  However, I was able to transfer that number to a cell phone.  I'm not trying to discourage you from Comcast at all.  I settled for an assigned number from Comcast as my second line and it has been fine.  Hope this helps you out.  The rate center has to do with billing info for long distance (which largely no longer applies).  Good luck.  We have been happy with our Comcast Voice service.