Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Cannot receive calls. They got 'Out of Service'.

New Poster

Cannot receive calls. They got 'Out of Service'.

I have logged a trouble ticket since last week and have not heard from Comcast.

Several of my friends and co-workers have notified me that they are unable to reach me at my phone number and receive a 'Out of Service' message.  They are from CA or CO.  Not sure if it applies to all phone calls from that state. I have no problems calling them from Richmond, VA.  I have been receiving calls from CT, Pureto Rico, VA....

In addition, I receive unwanted calls and when I pick up, it just beeps constantly like a fax machine.  This will be continuous unwanted calls and happened a period of time every few months. 

Any idea what is happening or how to fix this issue.  Any help is appreciated.

Cable Expert

Re: Cannot receive calls. They got 'Out of Service

The Comcast Cares Team has been notified of your incoming call issue.  They will get the right people to look into it.

Watch your email and this post for updates from the team during the business week.

It is not uncommon for rogue fax machines to be dialing numbers that either were entered to the machine wrong, or other issues why a fax would try to call your number.  Years ago my wife had to have her cell number changed because a fax was dialing her up every 15 minutes for months before we finally gave up and changed the number.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Did you just become a comcast phone customer. This sometimes happens when customers port their telephone numbers to use and the other carrier didn't take the number out of the switch.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I have been with comcast for almost 2 years now.  Lately, it is the first time I'm trying to receive incoming calls from CA or Denver.  It could be the problem all along but didn't realize it until the CA and Denvor co-workers notified me.