Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Cannot making calls or receive calls

New Poster

Cannot making calls or receive calls

I've had my service for 4 weeks and have been unable to call in or call out for the entire time.  Every time I try to make a call, I get a short busy signal.  When I use my cell to call the number, I get the same busy signal.  Makes no sense whatsoever.  I have a dial tone, but nothing is working.
Contributor

Re: Cannot making calls or receive calls

leebluejay wrote:
I've had my service for 4 weeks and have been unable to call in or call out for the entire time.  Every time I try to make a call, I get a short busy signal.  When I use my cell to call the number, I get the same busy signal.  Makes no sense whatsoever.  I have a dial tone, but nothing is working.

If you're using your cell phone to call out, are you trying to call your home phone number and getting a busy signal?  Or is it when you try to dial the same number as the one you're attempting to call from your home phone?

reesecups
Regular Contributor

Re: Cannot making calls or receive calls

Hi leebluejay

I accessed your account from the email address used to access the forums. From what I can see, there was no report of this issue until 5/20, although other issues that revolved around the internet and television were noted. It may be that your account was not noted correctly or that I am not looking at the correct account. If so, please email me 

After reviewing the trouble ticket on that account given, I was able to contact the department that was working on your issue. The “provisioning,” i.e. the entering of all information about your phone number into the databases, was slightly incorrect and has now been repaired. We did a test call and got to your voicemail and left messages. Since I was not able to reach you at your home I contacted you on the alternate number given.

If you have any further problems in the future, please contact us  or call 1-800-COMCAST (266-2278) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.