New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Cannot call home landline from cell phone

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Cannot call home landline from cell phone

Just went with Comcast this past week for land line service. Since Dec. 7 I have not been able to call my home land line. All others can call in using cell and land line phones. When I try to call in I get the message, "You have reached a non-working number. Announcement, 14 stretch(?) 170-4". I am using an iPhone 4. Verizon says that the problem isn't with the phone or Verizon. HELP!

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot call home landline from cell phone

Well here it is, Friday, Dec. 20 and my problem is finally solved. The young lady, jessica, at Comcast did what her fellow workers didn't do. She contacted my wireless company and between the two found out that the problem was with my former carrier not switching our home land line phone number to where we could dial it inside of West Virginia. Many thanks Jessica. Great job. Would give you a big raise if it were up to me.

View answer in context
New Poster

Hi,  I had the same problem.  After numerous phone calls to the help line, the problem was solved by giving me a new phone number.

I think the problem was that the previous owner (the phone company not the user) did not fully release the number from all of the computer systems.

Good luck.

Regular Visitor

Hi

Had the same problem, not able to call landline from cell. My problem was solved by going to voice settings and then blocked calls. I have no idea how it happened but I had a list of blocked calls to

my landline including my cell. Maybe that will work

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for trying to help. No blocked calls showing. Totally frustrated. Comcast gave me a repair ticket number but no one has contacted us yet. Thinking about going back to our old phone company if this isn't taken care of this week. We dropped our voice mail yesterday because we cannot delete phone call records for 90 days. Comcast knows about this but doesn't seem to be interested in solving the problem. Wonder if NSA is involved...............

Frequent Visitor

Four days into the problem. "We are sorry for your problem." "We are testing the system."We are still checking the problem." "We are going to pass the problem up to a higher level". No answer yet! If the problem isn't resolved by midnight 12/14/2013..........goodbye Comcast phone service. We will only keep their internet and go back to our previous phone company. We did not have this problem until we switched to Comcast's phone service.

Also, we were never told that our landline ID caller would transfer missed calls to my computer's Comcast Voice Mail rather than store the voice mail to the phone for easy attention. I called and asked that our voice mail be discontinued on 12/10. It wasn't cancelled until yesterday. Low and behold, phone ID call system works again. Happy, happy, happy!

Frequent Visitor

Comcast finally got someone to respond Saturday night. A very nice lady proceeded to check the problem and contacted my cell phone company in a conference call. We were able to establish communication that resulted in my cell phone company promising to get back Monday or Tuesday at the latest with their finding. At least I now feel that Comcast has someone that knows what they are doing working the problem.

Frequent Visitor

Well here it is, Friday, Dec. 20 and my problem is finally solved. The young lady, jessica, at Comcast did what her fellow workers didn't do. She contacted my wireless company and between the two found out that the problem was with my former carrier not switching our home land line phone number to where we could dial it inside of West Virginia. Many thanks Jessica. Great job. Would give you a big raise if it were up to me.

Frequent Visitor

I am also having this problem, after hooking up the new xfinity box.  This is only one of several problems I have had in the last 5 days since hooking up new box.  I have about had it with comcast, they are getting too big for their own good and cannot train their customer service people fast enough.  I had to hire a tech person to come to my house to get this cleared up.  But that was yesterday, and today I find my home landline will not receive calls from a cell phone.  MORE THAN FRUSTRATED with Comcast.

New Poster

"EG" has deleted all my previous posts. Nice to be able to complain here, but then be summarily "silenced" = that's what's happening in our nation especially with big-business and monopolizing - things are only about to get worse & this is the shape of things to come with upcoming merger of Comcast & Turner if it's allowed! Two wrongs definitely don't make a right! Incompetent, then add more workload to the already incompetent, and charge the customer even more for it!

kcarpeneti - I suggest you copy & paste your post as many times as you can to every post that is similar to your problem - after 11 days of hopeless runarounds through the 800- circuit, someone JUST NOW got to fixing my home phone. Hallelujah! It's an Easter Miracle! :-)

Service Expert

KarenM_again wrote:

"EG" has deleted all my previous posts.

kcarpeneti - I suggest you copy & paste your post as many times as you can to every post that is similar to your problem

Your  posts were removed because they are considered spamming.

Not a good idea to copy/paste the same post multiple times because those posts will also be removed as spam.

Posting Guidelines prohibit spamming.

The link is called Posting Guidelines and is on the upper right side of every forum page.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Cable Expert
Moved: