Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Can't set up voice mail on my home phone.

New Poster

Can't set up voice mail on my home phone.

When calling *99 to set up my voice mail account, it says "the mailbox # that you are trying to reach is not in service".  How do I fix this?

New Poster

Re: Can't set up voice mail on my home phone.

I am having the same issue..My voicemail is down..my phone service is going in and out..my tv caller id/computer caller id is completely wiped out..I did an online chat. I spoke to 6 different people..I am still having the same issue..I pay too much money for this BS!!!!! FRUSTRATED!!!!

New Poster

That REALLY SUCKS!!!! I am sorry to hear you are having so many problems! I am just having issues with setting up my voice mail. This was just installed yesterday. I have had Comcast for my cable and I have never had any problems with it. When I found out about this bundle package, I couldn't sign up fast enough.....I will be saving almost $100/month. The thing that really bothers me is that when you call their # for help, good luck getting in touch with a person. I get so sick of menus and not being able to talk to someone! Well, I guess I will keep trying. Thanks so much for writing. I appreciate the effort and hope we can both get this settled soon...

Service Expert

chickadee104 wrote:

That REALLY SUCKS!!!! I am sorry to hear you are having so many problems! I am just having issues with setting up my voice mail. This was just installed yesterday. I have had Comcast for my cable and I have never had any problems with it. When I found out about this bundle package, I couldn't sign up fast enough.....I will be saving almost $100/month. The thing that really bothers me is that when you call their # for help, good luck getting in touch with a person. I get so sick of menus and not being able to talk to someone! Well, I guess I will keep trying. Thanks so much for writing. I appreciate the effort and hope we can both get this settled soon...

If your service was installed yesterday, it can take from 24-72 hours before all of your services become active...try it again after 48 and then 72 hours.... if still no go, then call into Comcast and speak with an account representative....

-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Thanks so much Ray! The tech that came to hook up my service told me that I could do it immediately. I appreciate your help!       Deb