Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Can't hear other party during calls

Frequent Visitor

Can't hear other party during calls

Lately, I am having problems after placing/receiving phone calls.  When I answer a call, about half the time, the other party can't hear me.  I have experienced this when calling my wife at our home from my office.  At times, it takes 3 or 4 calls in order to establish 2 way communication.  I thought it was my phone system, since it was several years old.  I purchased a new system last week, and the second call that came in did the same thing.  There is no ryhme or reason for the timing of this problem.  Has anyone else experienced this issue and, if so, can you impart some wisdon on how to correct it?

Service Expert

Re: Can't hear other party during calls

rddjhoward wrote:

Lately, I am having problems after placing/receiving phone calls.  When I answer a call, about half the time, the other party can't hear me.  I have experienced this when calling my wife at our home from my office.  At times, it takes 3 or 4 calls in order to establish 2 way communication.  I thought it was my phone system, since it was several years old.  I purchased a new system last week, and the second call that came in did the same thing.  There is no ryhme or reason for the timing of this problem.  Has anyone else experienced this issue and, if so, can you impart some wisdon on how to correct it?

If you haven't doen so recently, go ahead and pull power from the modem/gateway and then plug back in.... allow it to reinitialize...   see if that helps out the lost audio issue.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon