Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Can't hear for all the static

Regular Visitor

Can't hear for all the static

can not hear people who due to very much static. what is the problem with comcast service?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Can't hear for all the static

I'm a new customer and have the same issue and others i'm talking with say they hear an eho at their end.  I see Comcast did not answer your question.  Hmm.

Regular Visitor

No answer yet still have static

Frequent Visitor

Just want to add, Comcast Tech came out and everything is cleared up.  The line sounds crystal clear!!  Thanks.  

Regular Contributor

Any idea what the problem was? I am having similar issues.
Regular Visitor

I used my Phone this morning and it was fine then it said line in use and a whole lot of static till I had to disconnect the phone line and the power to the modem for a few min. and now it is fine. I switched to comcast for a smaller bill but now I have NO battery back-up like the other company gives to you at no extra cost. You have to pay for it thru comcast just to have a phone with a power fail, and then you have to call them with problems all the time. I hope they can play catch up with all the competition in the area as this is a big monopoly now. Comcast only here (no Charter, WOW or the other ones.....

Do you think they have us all hooked ! ! !

Frequent Visitor

The issue was in the box outside the house.  The regular phone lines were still connected which caused the static on the phone lines within the house, he disconnected at the box and it sounds clear.  Hope this helps.