New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Can't get voicemails to play in Smartzone on Apple MacBook Pro

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Can't get voicemails to play in Smartzone on Apple MacBook Pro

When I go to play voicemails in Smartzone on my Mac, they don't play?

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't get voicemails to play in Smartzone on Apple MacBook Pro

I installed Google Chrome and that fixed the problem. The voicemails won't play with Safari.

View answer in context
Customer Expert

I have a Mac, but I don't have digital voice, so I can't really test this.

From the pictures, it looks like the messages are mp3 files. Quicktime should play those.

Which web browser are you using? Safari? Firefox? I'd think you'd have Quicktime installed.

I'm looking at this help - Managing Comcast Digital Voice Information

Are you seeing the voicemail messages? Are you the primary account holder or did the primary account holder give you access to "Allow this user to get voice mail"?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I installed Google Chrome and that fixed the problem. The voicemails won't play with Safari.

Customer Expert

Curious solution. I wonder if Firefox would have also worked and if your Safari might have something set oddly.

But thank you for letting us know so that we can help other users in the future.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Retired Administrator

walter1 - we'd like to have a deeper look into this. Can you please email me the following:

1. account number
  2. cdv phones number(s)
  3. which of those phone numbers have voicemail
  4. start date of cdv service
Just 'Dete'
Retired Help Forums Admin

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.

Bronze Problem Solver

I'll chime in that I've never has an issue listening to VMs on my Mac. What version of Safari are you using? Have you installed any addons to Safari? 

I generally use Firefox but I'm fairly certain I've retrieved VMs in Safari as well in the past.

EDIT: I just tested in both Safari 5.0.2 and the latest WebKit nightly backend and VMs worked fine. This seems to be a localized issue. In addition to the questions asked previously, are you behind a router or connected directly to the modem? If there is a router involved, can you describe your setup? And is the router's firmware owned or rented? Is the firmware current?

I would not consider this issue solved since the original problem concerns retrieving VMs in Safari on a Mac. Installing Chrome is just a work-around for the original issue.

Retired Administrator

Thanks for the post Joel!

Just 'Dete'
Retired Help Forums Admin

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.

Regular Visitor

Chiming in with a "me too" on the inability to use smartzone voicemail with Safari. I don't think I have ever been able to listen to voicemails with any version of Safari and have had mixed results with other browsers.

I can see but not play voicemails in Safari 5.0.2, OS X 10.6.4, and SmartZone takes about 40 seconds to a minute to load before getting to the call list. Works OK but very slow to load in Chrome and FireFox (both current releases).

Frequent Visitor

Re: Can't get voicemails to play in Smartzone on A

Add me to the list.  MacBook Pro OS X 10.6.7, using Safari 5.0.4

After responding to an email alert, a click brings be to the SmartZone center,  I click on Voice and I can see the message, but when I hit the Play triangle, nothing happens.  I think this worked some time ago but cannot say when it stopped working.  If I download the message (as a WAV file) it plays using iTunes AND interestingly, if I go to the Comcast Digital Voice Center, it plays.

I think this could mean that there might be a difference in the way the message is formatted in SmartZone versus Comcast Digital Voice Center.

It also works OK if I access SmartZone using FireFox where it plays as a QuickTime file.

New Poster

I can't listen to voicemails in safari anymore.  I used to be able to until a couple months ago.  I'm using version 5.0.3.  I can listen to them in firefox, but it's a pain because safari is my default browser.

New Poster

+1....Add me to the list. I used to be able to play the voicemail message files from Safari, but no more.

Click on the message, hit play....nothing happens.

If I download the message I can play the WAV file, just not from within the browser anymore...

Frequent Visitor

Got an email 5/18/2011 saying i had a message.  The link to Smartzone did not work, but when I typed in the URL into Safari, the message played without having to use any workarounds.

It appears that this issue has been fixed.

Contributor

I too am having problems hearing my voicemail in Smartzone but only when I'm using Safari on my mac computer.

I can use Safari on a pc and hear the voicemail just fine but on the mac, it might play one or two voicemails but not all of them.

The voicemails appear in Smartzone but when I click on them to play them, nothing happens for the majority of my voicemails.

Right now I have 9 voicemails. I was able to hear two but that's it.