Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Can't dial out now

Frequent Visitor

Can't dial out now

Hello, I just signed up for texting and phone through my cell phone today. Hours later see I had a call, Using my regular phone, went to *60 to block it, no connection, dialed *99 to see if voice mail was working, no connection, tried to call Comcast and I hear like a dialing noise and then a busy signal. Reset my modem, did not fix anything. May try to call Comcast using the cell phone, but when using it earlier, the connection wasn't great. Please help Comcast, please check my line or something.

Service Expert

Re: Can't dial out now

alan_h63 wrote:

Hello, I just signed up for texting and phone through my cell phone today. Hours later see I had a call, Using my regular phone, went to *60 to block it, no connection, dialed *99 to see if voice mail was working, no connection, tried to call Comcast and I hear like a dialing noise and then a busy signal. Reset my modem, did not fix anything. May try to call Comcast using the cell phone, but when using it earlier, the connection wasn't great. Please help Comcast, please check my line or something.

If y9ou just signed up for the sevice that day, please be aware that it can take from 24 to 72 hours for backend services to come online.....  Give it a shot today and see if anything has changed.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Can't dial out now

Actually was able to reach comcast on my cell. A nice gal named Brittany helped me. The problem i had was not caused by the text download, she was right, I had inadvertently changed my land phone to pulse, has to be on tone. My bad. Everything it fine. Thanks for the reply.