Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Can't change number of rings/voicemail

Frequent Visitor

Can't change number of rings/voicemail

I have followed all the steps to change the number of rings before my phone goes to voicemail. This was done nearly 2 days ago. I have it set for 2 rings but the phone continues to ring 5 times before going to voicemail. What is the problem with this?

Contributor

Re: Can't change number of rings/voicemail

Really not sure, but I think two rings is too low of a limit before Voice Mail will work. Mine is set at four.

LindaSView

Frequent Visitor

2 rings is given as a choice on the pull down menu on the web site.

Contributor

Hi catfish:

You must be frustrated, to say the least. The only suggestions I now have is:1.0maybe a comcast employee who contributes to the forums has some expertise with setting up the phones. 2.0You may have to call Comcast and as for phone help, or 3.) try live chat. If it's any consolation to you, I have three phones that are panasonics-one base model, two extra and then three older ones. The panasonic's stop wringing after four and go to voice mail. but my antiguies(yes, anti-goo-ees), ring six times. This just started happening so I guess my phones are out of sync. Oh well, needed to upgrade my darn phones anyhow. I just know, I hate the ring and the less rings, the happier I was especially when it showed up on computer and or tv callerID as people not worth talking to. Hope you get help as it's a service they say works and if it doesn't, they should be telling people. As I told you, I could never set it for less than four, though I know what the drop down box, claims. Sometimes the reality is far different, you know?

Hope you get help.

LindaSView