Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Can I tell if I have a voice mail without calling our home number?

Frequent Visitor

Can I tell if I have a voice mail without calling our home number?

If you could point me in the right direction then wonderful! We just can't seem to figure out how we can tell we have messages without calling our own number? Our old machine had a light that blinked telling us we had messages. Is there a way to set something up like this where our phone would blink or say you have messages? I have no problem with our phone service(the HD-DVR is a whole other ball game) and would just like to see if we had messages rather than calling our own number at random times? Case in point is we applied for a loan and I was complaining that we hadn't heard back but alas my wife just happened to call our home number and we had a message from a week ago from the bank. did we not set it up correct? Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks
Ice

Regular Contributor

Re: Can I tell if I have a voice mail without calling our home number?

You can have a email sent to you when you have you have voicemail and check it on the web.

Also if you have a voicemail setting in the phone you need to set it to dial a #, should be *99 and that will dial the voicemail for you and check messages.

For instance my uniden phone has a button for vociemail but I had to program it to that *99.
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Husky! Looks like I'll have to set up the email thing but that will work just fine!
THX
Ice
Regular Contributor

Hello 1ceman:

I’m sorry that you are having problems with your Comcast voice mail. Our voice mail will have a whisper tone (beeping sound) when you pick up the hand set announcing that there is a voice mail message waiting for you. Also, if your phone has a Message Waiting Indicator (MWI) light, it should light up, and/or flash when there is a voice mail message waiting for you. If the MWI and/or whisper tone is not working please contact us, and if necessary, we will open a repair ticket to fix the issue.

Remember, the quickest way to get assistance from Comcast is to contact us, or you can email me directly if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

modmlr

Frequent Visitor

Thanks so much! I'm sure we are getting neither so just let me know if I need to call? I also have DVR problems and may need a replacement so maybe I should just call and kill 2 birds with one stone! Don't get me wrong though I LOVE my hd-dvr!
THX
Ice
Frequent Visitor

OMG, I just sprung for a TiVo DVR, I have 2 old ones, but just got the TiVo HD DVR and I have fallen in love allover again. Other than having a tech come out and give me the two CableCARDS I needed to get my digital channels, its GREAT.  I found the ComCast DVR to be slow and sloppy.  I did lose all the On-Demand stuff but tivo has some of its own through Amazon if you run it through your highspeed.  There is not as much content as ComCast but there is some.

I LOVE ComCast HighSpeed,Voice, and Digital HD, but TiVo even makes it better.
Contributor

Now, if we could get the voicemail emailed to us in the form of an audio clip to listen to it right in the email, that would be great! It would also then be just like VONAGE!