Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Can I record phone calls using XfinityVoice?

Regular Visitor

Can I record phone calls using XfinityVoice?

I'm an insurance claims adjuster and need to record telephone conversations from my home office.  I have Windows 7.  I no longer have a land line as we only use our cell phones. We stopped using a land line (AT&T) approx. 6 months ago.  I will probably be given one of the top of the line digital recorders (Sony or Olympus), if this info helps.  The old way we adjusters used to record conversations was by using a land line phone, a recording adapter and a TAPE recorder!  Apparently, those days are over. 

Oh yes, BTW, I've never used or attempted to use Xfinity Voice yet.  So, any instruction how do use it will be helpful also. 

That's another issue, does anyone feel I should get the land line re-installed and connect the digital recorder to the land line?  Can anyone help?  Any ideas?  Thank you.  Can anyone help in this regard?

Cable Expert

Re: Can I record phone calls using XfinityVoice?

You can not record directly from CDV, any more than from a old POTS land line.  I would think CDV is not the way to go.

You might want to look into getting a Google Voice account.  With a Google voice account, a iPhone and the Google Voice app, you can record conversations by pressing 4 on the keypad.

OR

Look into using Skype by adding a Skype phone number.  There are apps to record for Skype on Windows 7, Riviera or G-Recorder.  There is a recorder app for Skype for Mac also.  You would use a headset connected to the computer for placing phone calls.  A modern USB headset from Logiteco or Plantronics would work well.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon