Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Can I block an annoying phone scam?

New Poster

Can I block an annoying phone scam?

Can you block a specific number from calling my house?

Cable Expert

Re: Can I block an annoying phone scam?

Call screening can be setup for specific numbers by following the official Comcast instructions.

This can also be setup on the XfinityConnect web site under preferences / voice / call blocking.

Call Screening

When you don’t want to be interrupted by certain callers, Call Screening allows you to create a list of up to 12 numbers that will receive an announcement indicating you are not presently accepting calls. When creating your list, enter the area code plus the 7-digit number for both local and domestic long-distance numbers.

To Use Call Screening

1. Lift the receiver and listen for the dial tone.

2. Press .

3. A menu of options will guide you in managing this feature. The prompts will enable you to activate and deactivate the feature as well as add and delete the numbers on your list.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Re: Can I block an annoying phone scam?

Listen up Comcast! 

Call screening for specific numbers is useless against spams and scams. Even if 12 numbers was enough, it won't work because the scammers keep changing their numbers. 

I get several scam phone calls a day. "Do not call" is a joke to these people because, Hello!, they are crooks! The FTC laws works to keep honest businesses in line, but in this regard it is spineless and toothless.

The entities that have the power to do something about these calls are the ISPs and phone service providers. Since Comcast is a big player in both arenas, Comcast can do something about this. It's pretty easy to implement software that blocks these scams. Most of the numbers are obviously bogus. Even the ones that look honest have the same handful of recorded messages, so they can easily identified.

Comcast, if you care about your customers, do something about this. If you don't care about your customers, as you obviously do not, another company that does care about customers will take over your space. As soon as I see an alternative that works, I'm moving.

Or, wait a minute: is it that the scammers are such good customers Comcast doesn't want to alienate them?