Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Calls go straight to VM and no TV ID

New Poster

Calls go straight to VM and no TV ID

I have read through the forum and I seem to be having several of the same issues. Within the last month, my phone calls started going directly to voicemail and the TV caller ID does not always display the incoming phone number. There are also times when the phone will ring one time however, when I call the person back, they state that the phone rang the normal four times. I wanted to see if anyone else has been provided a fix for these issues before I make the possible two hour troubleshooting call to Xfinity.

Thanks

Cable Expert

Re: Calls go straight to VM and no TV ID

Start by resetting the eMTA telephony modem, there is a small indented button on the back panel.  Give it a push for 10 seconds.

Next would be to isolate the inside phone wiring.  Unplug the telephone cord on the eMTA that goes to the wall jack for the phone on the L1/L2 jack.  Plug in a known good wired phone directly to the L1/L2 jack on the EMTA and give it a good test.  It it now works, then you have inside phone wiring, jack or equipment issues.

If it still doesn't work, then it would be on Comcast's side, so give Comcast support a call.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Calls go straight to VM and no TV ID

help