Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Calls from "Not Available" and a 5 digit phone number

New Poster

Calls from "Not Available" and a 5 digit phone number

How do I block a call with a caller id of "Not Available" and a five digit phone number, 13910?

Call blocking won't accept the number because it is not a valid 10 digit number.  It appears as though the harrassing callers have figured out how to get around the system.

Service Expert

Re: Calls from "Not Available" and a 5 digit phone number

brown8895 wrote:

How do I block a call with a caller id of "Not Available" and a five digit phone number, 13910?

Call blocking won't accept the number because it is not a valid 10 digit number.  It appears as though the harrassing callers have figured out how to get around the system.

Unfortunately you cannot block those improperly formatted phone numbers...   it IS a way that scammers get around the law...  you could install NOMOROBO and in that fashion the call is Forwarded to NOMOROBO's database and if it is their list of known spammers, it will get cancelled...  you will only hear one ring to know that NOMO did in fact kill the call....

-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

i just got a nice call from "13919" from a man with an indian accent... we ended the conversation with him threatining my family and some choice words about my dead mother... 

Comcast needs to fix this ASAP.

Other carriers do not have this problem. (it may be time to shop around for new phone service?)

comcasts solution is to charge customer for a service that blocks 20 numbers... even tho they know hackers can bypass comcasts system and change their numer at any time.

i have contacterd the FCC but i believe nothing will happen because obviously comcast has lost controll of its phone system to hackers.

Service Expert

betrayer wrote:

i just got a nice call from "13919" from a man with an indian accent... we ended the conversation with him threatining my family and some choice words about my dead mother... 

Comcast needs to fix this ASAP.

Other carriers do not have this problem. 

comcsts solution is to charge customer for a service that blocks 20 numbers... even tho hackers can bypass comcasts rules and change their numer at any time.

i have contacterd the FCC but i believe nothing will happen because no-one at comcast controlls comcast phone network anymore.

This is not a Comcast problem...   it affects all providers.  Technology has made this possible,  From the FCC's website:  https://www.fcc.gov/guides/caller-id-and-spoofing  

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon

Community Icon

New Poster

I dissagree that its not a comcast problem... its comcasts system... comcast should be able to do a reverse lookup before they connect a call.

if a call doesnt meet FCC's rules for caller ID then Comcasts system shouldnt connect the call to its Customers in the first place... thus it is comcasts problem for allowing illegal numbers thru.

New Poster

geek46..thanks for the information about NOMOROBO.  I will check it out.

New Poster

Re: Calls from "Not Available" and a 5 d

Nomorobo only blocks 10 digit numbers, it does NOT block 5 digit ones

Service Expert

Re: Calls from "Not Available" and a 5 d

2 1/2 year old thread being closed.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon