New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Calls being made to 200-100-0001 - not by me

ANSWERED
New Poster

Calls being made to 200-100-0001 - not by me

The xfinity phone logs outgoing phone calls to 1-200-100-001 at different times of the day, once 3 times in one day and they range from 4 seconds to 2 minutes in length. Not every day. Someone on the net suggested it was xfinity logging TV channel selections. Someone else said that all phones were disconnected and these calls still were logged. My first concern is a virus on one of my machines dialing out. I don't have xfinity TV, but suspect it is xfinity doing something and not telling me about it.

What is making these calls? What is going on? Is something hijacked??

Accepted Solution

Re: Calls being made to 200-100-0001 - not by me

It is the Comcast redirect number when a call is FWD to your cellphone within the CDV service....if you use the connect app to be able to answer calls going to another phone with your cell phone then it generates a redirect call to your call logs to that #200-100-0001. Nothing to worry about, its comcast.

View answer in context
Service Expert

joebeauchamp wrote:

The xfinity phone logs outgoing phone calls to 1-200-100-001 at different times of the day, once 3 times in one day and they range from 4 seconds to 2 minutes in length. Not every day. Someone on the net suggested it was xfinity logging TV channel selections. Someone else said that all phones were disconnected and these calls still were logged. My first concern is a virus on one of my machines dialing out. I don't have xfinity TV, but suspect it is xfinity doing something and not telling me about it.

What is making these calls? What is going on? Is something hijacked??

Do you have your home phone forwarded to your cellphone?

-=Ray=-

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

No. And it would be a screwy system to log some crazy internal number instead of the number calling or the number forwarded to, at least, right?

Valued Contributor

It is the Comcast redirect number when a call is FWD to your cellphone within the CDV service....if you use the connect app to be able to answer calls going to another phone with your cell phone then it generates a redirect call to your call logs to that #200-100-0001. Nothing to worry about, its comcast.

Contributor

I do have my home phone forwarded to my cell and IPad and have many calls forwarded.   This bogus number appears in the call log only occasionally. .??   Does it show up only if I answer the forwarded call?

Valued Contributor

Since it is logging the call, I expect it do it for every forwarded call, whether you answer it or not.

Contributor

I wd think so too, but it seems random. I'll try to keep track for a while. Possibly it doesn't log the forwarding if the IPhone is not turned on.

BTW how did u originally find out about the 200-100-0001 number?

Valued Contributor

New Poster

Thank you! That makes perfect sense!