New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Calls Go Directly to Voicemail

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Calls Go Directly to Voicemail

I am currently unable to receive any phone calls - the roll over directly to voicemail, with no ringing of the phone. I've rebooted the eMTA several times, as well as remove battery and wait. The output from the eMTA goes into home wiring normally, but I've connected a phone directly to the unit and still no luck. I'm able to make outbound calls, but no inbound calls can be received.

I tried to chat with Comcast service analyst, but was disconnected without resolution (and not based on my request). I'm unsure whether or not this might have had something to do with a power outage that we incurred earlier this week or potentially we have been upgraded to XFINITY. If anyone has any further suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Thanks...

Jim Switzer

Accepted Solution

Re: Calls Go Directly to Voicemail

Situation has been resolved - I accidentally "highjacked" the MTA MAC address when trying to fix a wireless router issue earlier. I caused and fixed my own problem. 

View answer in context
Cable Expert

Jim

Please make another attempt with a online chat to have them look into your issue.  They can look at your account and equipment logs to see any issues.

They might very well need to replace the EMTA.

You could also just try one last time to totally remove the EMTA battery and power down for a couple of minutes, then power up the EMTA and put the battery back.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Good morning,

I've actually done that a couple of times. I also went out last night and bought a simple, wired telephone to plug into the eMTA device to test that it wasn't the home wiring that it's normally connected to. Still not able to get through. I think that I am in agreement with you that the eMTA device has somehow been "fried". I will take your advice and try to contact them again this morning - maybe they can just send me a new eMTA.

Jim

Regular Visitor

Situation has been resolved - I accidentally "highjacked" the MTA MAC address when trying to fix a wireless router issue earlier. I caused and fixed my own problem. 

Cable Expert

Glad you got it figured out.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon