Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Callers keep telling me my audio stutters/breaks

Contributor

Callers keep telling me my audio stutters/breaks

Barely 2 days into being a brand new customer and already multiple issues.

People who I talk to on the other end of the call have told me that audio from my end keeps stuttering and breaking up. I have the ARRIS TG862 modem router. Wifi performance of this router is horrible - I have posted that in the internet forum. Any help or ideas whats going on ? Did they just give me a broken modem or are there line issues ? anything that can be done to fix this ?

28 days left for comcast to sort this out or I am quitting before getting hijacked into a 2 year contract!

New Poster

Re: Callers keep telling me my audio stutters/brea

I have the same issue, though maybe less frequently. About once-twice a day (I'm on the phone a lot for work) the person on the other end will be unable to hear me, saying the audio is choppy. I think I also notice the same from the internet connection, as I'll get moments where things just go really really slow. What's the fix?

Contributor

Re: Callers keep telling me my audio stutters/brea

Called tech support and they said everything checks out good on the modem and the phone "circuit". But they are going to send a tech out in a couple of days. I am not sure what exactly the tech will do when they said everything checks out good. I doubt there's anything about my phone or home wiring that could cause this kind of problem (outgoing audio choppy).

Wondering if anyone has any suggestions or help here ?