Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

CallerID not working on TV or PC, but works on phones

New Poster

CallerID not working on TV or PC, but works on phones

I recently added Xfinity Voice to replace my AT&T phone service. That was an extremely difficult process, but after a month, the service was finally switched over to Comcast. I have had it for 3 weeks now, but the callerID will not display on the TV. I have the correct DVR. I have contacted Comcast support 3 times already on this and they have reset the box and still I have no solution. For what it's worth, it does not display on my PC either (I am logged in on the primary account too). While I'm at it, when I call other people, the callerID or my phone just says "Florida" instead of my name like it did with AT&T. I have to say that I am pretty disappointed with the level of service Comcast has provided (or not provided) so far. I hope someone can help.

Bill

Gold Problem Solver

Re: CallerID not working on TV or PC, but works on phones

Until someone comes along with more knowledge than I regarding digital phone service:

have you looked at the information already in these links?

If no one here can help you, you may need a Tech out.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Universal-Caller-ID/Universal-Caller-ID-FAQs/m-p/864761/message-uid/864...

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Poster

A couple of the links from that page do not work (not found). I have a trouble ticket I opened two days ago. Still haven't heard from anyone at comcast yet. O originally opened a ticket about 12 days ago and never heard anything. I called back 2 days ago and comcast informed that the ticket was closed and that "no problem was found". They could have at least let me know that huh?

Bill

New Poster

I had that same problem, of not able to caller ID on TV.  I kept calling til I got the right customer service that knew what to do to reset it on their end.  Keep trying til you get it person with knowlege of what to do.  After the tv is set then you won't have a problem with the PC  caller ID.  I hope this helps you.

Silver Problem Solver

Hello,

In order for you to get caller id to work you need the following:

1. xfinity/comcast triple play

2. Motorola and pace set box

From what you said, that you meet all the requirements then it is a problem with your ucid code. Try calling again 1-800 comcast or 1-800 xfinity someone might eventually know how to fix it.

Frequent Visitor

VERY DISAPPOINTED IN THE LACK OF SUPPORT OFFERED BY COMCAST! I AM GOING BACK TO DIRECT TV!
Regular Visitor

I was told caller Id wouldnt be ready for some months yet I see its already being used by others what is this

New Poster

My caller id quit working on my phone. This is what I finally figured out...this is not Comcasts issue if: the serive is provided in your area,and the id is working on your tv...it is the simple jack between filter and the phone line that needs to be added to your phone, sometimes it fails....Mine had been working fine and then poof...went away..Comcast reset their side, but the phone still would not work.  Replaced my jack box filter and voila...working again.

.Please attach a DSL/ADSL filter (contact
your DSL/ADSL provider) to the
telephone line between the base unit
and the telephone line jack in the event
of the following:
– noise is heard during conversations.
– Caller ID features do not function
properly.

Cable Expert

DSL filters are for subscribers who have phone and DSL service from their local telephone company.

Never place a DSL filter on a phone connected to a Comcast eMTA telephony modem.  Subscriber that moved from DSL to Comcast CDV, should remove all DSL filters in the home as they are not needed.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

2/21/2013 - Have been on support with Comcast/Xfinity 3 separate times now and they have yet to come up with a 'fix'.  Could be the set-top-box is not compatible (Cisco RNG200N), or that they don't have something set up right, or that the reset they did a couple of weeks ago didn't work, or even though we have the Triple Cast with 'all the right stuff', maybe we don't have the right stuff!  In the midst of a reset as I write this so will be happy to come back later and report that it is finally working.

Cable Expert

Some Cisco / Scientific Atlanta equipped area's do not yet have the UCID on TV.  This is still coming for most area's by April.  Upgrades to add this feature are underway, but not yet complete for all area's.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for the response.  Too bad the left hand (support) does not know what the right hand (technical) is doing.  I'd much prefer to hear that from the Indian giving me support than from a forum post like this.

Frequent Visitor

As promised, I am pleased to announce that after the last reset, it is now functional.

Frequent Visitor

I took me 14 days to get every thing working after a defective HDVCD that was installed on th 5th and it took six days to get it replaced.  Now no caller id on my PC but works on phone and TV.  Should I be able to see it on my PC?

Contributor

You have to install the app in order to get caller id on the pc...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/callerid/

New Poster

Same problem.  Was told I needed a new modem that had a phone jack, but neither Best Buy nor Radio Shack claim they carry such a modem.

Other than renting from comcast at $7/mth does anyone have a suggestion?

Also very disappointed with comcast as no one mentioned this requirement, nor is it in their list of required equipment.  Another added cost not disclosed.

What I thought and was led to believe would be a very simple process of changing phone service from ATT to Comcast has turned into a nightmare.

Frequent Visitor

EVERY THING WAS WORKING JUST FINE THE DAY BEFOR I ASKED FOR AN UPDATED HDVCR. WHY DO I HAVE TO FIX EVERY THING THEY BROKE OR UN DID? STILL NO WORD ON HOW THEY WILL HONOR THE GUARANTEE?  I WANT MY $20.00

Regular Contributor

HeyDaddy wrote:

You have to install the app in order to get caller id on the pc...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/callerid/

There is no PC app at that link, just a smartphone link. They took it down a few months ago.

Frequent Visitor

They had me unplug all of our STB's (set Top Boxes) for at least 20 minutes at the same time and then power each up again up again.  Once I did that on all our boxes, I had to go into iTV (Menu, iTV) and turned Called ID back on, let it recycle/resink and then it was fine.  Not sure if it was the power recycle or they actually 'hit' the box or . . . . As for Comcast/Xfinity service, get used to it.  Not that this makes it ok, but no other experience we have had has been any better - well maybe DirecTV until they started to get into trouble.