Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Caller id not working past 2 months on PC

Frequent Visitor

Caller id not working past 2 months on PC

Please post a fix for Caller Id not working on PC.  It works fine on my TV.  It is going on 2 1/2 months and it wont connect.  And service costs have increased.  I do not want to spend 30 minutes on hold and 15 minutes repeating the issue to tech people who do not know how to fix it. Thank you.   I have Windows 10, 64 bit HP Beat-15 Notebook. 8 GB RAM, 1 TB hard drive.

Tags (2)
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Caller id not working past 2 months on PC

It won't..  Comcast discontinued it on PC

Service Expert

DrMaat wrote:

Please post a fix for Caller Id not working on PC.  It works fine on my TV.  It is going on 2 1/2 months and it wont connect.  And service costs have increased.  I do not want to spend 30 minutes on hold and 15 minutes repeating the issue to tech people who do not know how to fix it. Thank you.   I have Windows 10, 64 bit HP Beat-15 Notebook. 8 GB RAM, 1 TB hard drive.

To add to what kheffington stated, the official message in the forums is here:  http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Universal-Caller-ID/Caller-ID-to-the-PC-Update-July-9-2015/m-p/2555800#...

-=Ray=-

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I just talked to Comcast and they said it should be working on my pc but there are issues with Windows 10.  They did not say anything about stopping the service on pcs.  I have the same problem.  It was not corrected by my call to Comcast.

Bronze Problem Solver

Whether or not the support line people told you it was not available.  They have discontinued it.  The online support people may not be aware of that.

The download link is the link below.   It no longer has a link for the PC caller ID program. Just the xfinity connect app for a cell phone or tablet.   No mention of on PC there anymore.

http://my.xfinity.com/callerid/

Service Expert

bobbypepe wrote:

I just talked to Comcast and they said it should be working on my pc but there are issues with Windows 10.  They did not say anything about stopping the service on pcs.  I have the same problem.  It was not corrected by my call to Comcast.

They were wrong.  See this link for the official communication from Comcast :  http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Universal-Caller-ID/Caller-ID-to-the-PC-Update-July-9-2015/m-p/2555800#...

-=Ray=-

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Then why didn't they tell me that todaty when I called?  The logon box keeps showing up and says logon has failed.  No explanation.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you all.  Comcast has taken away the Caller Id on Pc and the web pages. I need a more affordable service that appreciates my patronage and allows reasonable rates and gpd service for peopel who are on fixed or low disposable income.    Meanwhile, the cable and Internet service are ok.  Just high and I do not have nor need sports and other premiun chnnels, but my ncom through SSA does not match the increases that omcast slip in every year.