Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Caller can't hear me.

Regular Visitor

Caller can't hear me.

While I'm talking to someone on the phone, all of a sudden, they can't hear me anymore, but I can stil hear them.  This happens frequently.  I have to hang up and call the person back.

Cable Expert

Re: Caller can't hear me.

You need a Comcast tech out to troubleshoot your signal issue.  It can be RF signal level or noise on the return frequencies.

Only a tech with the proper test equipment can get to the root of the issue.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

This just happened to me about an hour ago.  Cable and internet is fine.  I can make and receive calls on the voice line but no one can hear me.  I am not sure what is wrong.  I rebooted twice.

New Poster

This has been happening to me for 3 months. Comcast has had 3 techs in a month out. We have swapped equipment, modems, re-do on the wiring, problem still occurs on an intermittent basis. I have invested appx 12.5 hours of phone time with Comcast to 'troubleshoot' (How many freaking times can one reset a modem??) Then there is the techs saying the phone reps have no clue and the phone reps saying the techs are wrong and each time being assured by all that the problem is resolved. 

After 30 mins on the phone with them last night, I am told to log the incidents (which I did before and was told by the tech was pointless) for a week and then they will 'see what they can do'. In the meantime I have a phone that has cost me in many ways. My dear friend passed from cancer, he called me right before, to say goodbye I believe and hung up because he could not HEAR ME! The final straw is this morning when my young son calls and I couldnt hear him. He is home with my elderly parents and something could have happened and he would not be able to tell me. I have to see if Verizon will service my area, last I knew they did not,  before Comcast costs me even more, as in a tragedy. 

Oh and when I point out I pay $229/mo for Cable (only HBO), phone and internet (YES this is what it costs when the Triple Pay bargain is up) and say I should be compensated for the lack of phone service, they sort of scoff and say, well we will determine that AFTER the problem is resolved. 

Comcast, if you are watching, please feel free to email mel because MY HOME PHONE DOES NOT WORK! 

Regular Visitor

My issue was resolved by replacing the splitter on my cable the splits between the cable tv box and the arris telephony modem.