Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Caller Id & VoiceMail ot working on 2nd Line

Regular Visitor

Caller Id & VoiceMail ot working on 2nd Line

I recently upgraded to the Triple Play package..I have 2 phone lines ..Line 1 works fine but line 2 has the following issues...All incoming calls show as Blocked Call on the Caller ID and there is no voicemail setup. Tried the chat with support but the resolurion they gve me was unsat. We will send a tech to make sure you installed the phone correctly !  Hello the modem sits 2 ft from the phone and the cable goes from the modem directly to the phone. I can see the calls that came in via the online caller ID but cannot see them on my phone ...is it possible my phone is incompatible with Comcasts Caller ID functions ?

Regular Contributor

Re: Caller Id & VoiceMail ot working on 2nd Li

You need to dial the phone number of the line that you want to set up voicemail on and you will need to dial the number from that line. Once you go through the setup tutorial, you can then use *99 to access voicemail from home and you will also be able to access your voicemail by calling your phone from another location.  If you get some kind of an error or busy signal, you will need to call 1-800-Xfinity and verify that voicemail is a feature on that line.  You can also try emailing we_can_help@cable.comcast.com because they have been able to help some people when the phone support people could not help them.

For the caller id issue, you will probably need to contact Comcast by phone or email to make sure that caller id is set up on your account and that there are no errors in their system.  You might want to plug in a different phone and see if that phone still displays a blocked caller id.  If the other phone displays the caller id, then there might be an option on your phone to turn caller id on or off.  If this seems to be the case,  you can post the model of your phone and I will try to find a manual online.