New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Caller ID to PC DECEMBER update?

Frequent Visitor

Caller ID to PC DECEMBER update?

unlikely.......

Just tried (again) the 'download and reinstall' option, curious to see if anything has changed, and indeed there is something new.  When I click the 'download now' button, and then agree to the installation of Adobe Air, an error message pops up saying 'a download error occurred - try to download again?'.  

Incredible.  Comcast continues to flail with a simple app..  one that is actually useful when it works.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Caller ID to PC DECEMBER update?

Just downloaded the caller ID app. Appeared to download and install fine but nothing shows up when someone calls. I see the little phone icon at the bottom in the task bar and says it is active, but has yet to show a number or display when someone calls.

New Poster

I have the same problem id will not display on computer.  Have no problem connecting, but will not display.  We change to tripple play 2 month ago, Id has never worked on pc.  Works well on tv.

Frequent Visitor

Even after being on the phone twice with Comcast so called help people and them telling me they activated my caller ID I still cannot receive the caller ID on my computer or my TV's. They even verified that the cable boxes I have are very cabaple of doing so. Get so frustrated at paying for services I don't receive. I don't even get the ITV button on the TV Comcast Menu screen which shows to exist to the right of the HD button on their website setup screen.

Silver Problem Solver

Let me ask a few questions.

what cable box do you have, like you said it does not work on all of them, specifically SA and cisco boxes.

If it is available on your box do you have it enabled in the box menu?

The ITV only works on the HSN network, do you have that option enabled in your box menu?

Frequent Visitor

rog286713 wrote:

Let me ask a few questions.

what cable box do you have, like you said it does not work on all of them, specifically SA and cisco boxes.

If it is available on your box do you have it enabled in the box menu?

The ITV only works on the HSN network, do you have that option enabled in your box menu?

Finally went to the Comcast office and was told caller ID will only work if you have the all around the house DVR or something like that. It will not work with just the regular HD DVR.  Also ask about the I phone App that I down loaded to control my DVR and was told it will work once Memphis Comcast activates this feature, which should be coming any day now.

There on line chat help group took two nights and still did not answer the question as to why these two things would not work. 

Silver Problem Solver

Like I said, in the Scientific Atlantic and Cisco market (which is only 20% of comcasts footprint) you can only get those features if you have the anyroom system and have it available to  you.  if you want to complain about that or want updates about when it might be coming to you go here and scroll down to the qa section to see about it.

http://blog.comcast.com/2010/05/new-guide-for-scientific-atlanta-cable-boxes.html