Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Caller ID stopped working August 4th on landlines

Frequent Visitor

Caller ID stopped working August 4th on landlines

So Caller ID on all my landline phones stopped working while I was on vacation.  I can look back in the log of the phone to see all incoming messages became "caller out of area, private number" starting on august 4th.  Nothing was changed that day here, as I wasn't even home.  2 different landlines phone sets showing same info, so it's not my equipment.  Caller ID is marked "on" on my x1 box settings.

New Poster

Re: Caller ID stopped working August 4th on landlines

I have the exact same problem. What have you found out?
New Poster

Me too. Very frustrating! Trying to avoid a persistent telemarketing recording and I can't block it or stop in any other way.

New Poster

I have exactly the same problem.  No caller id.  Just private caller, unknown caller, etc.  Happened the same time.  I have rebooted modem, etc but no luck, and I don't see any solutions here

Vortexx wrote:

So Caller ID on all my landline phones stopped working while I was on vacation.  I can look back in the log of the phone to see all incoming messages became "caller out of area, private number" starting on august 4th.  Nothing was changed that day here, as I wasn't even home.  2 different landlines phone sets showing same info, so it's not my equipment.  Caller ID is marked "on" on my x1 box settings.

Frequent Visitor

I don't have any solutions, was hoping someone else was able to find one.  I hate calling in, but looks like I'll have too as whatever comcast screwed up they haven't fixed in the last 10 days.

New Poster

I can't even see the Caller ID on my phone, it comes up a blur.   I was told by Comcast I needed to change my batteries, $18.00 later that wasn't the problem.

The Caller ID on my TV hasn't worked in over a year.   And now the Caler ID on my PC keeps saying "Unable to Connect.", that's been going on for almost six months.

AT&T looks more and more attractive.   Time to take them up on one of their incentives.

Frequent Visitor

We just moved into a new home last November and had to change areas, our caller id has never worked on our landline.  The support for Xfinity Voice gives very little help.  I agree, AT&T, T-Mobile, even Verizon seem to be worth looking into.  Does Comcast even monitor this blog ?

Contributor

Will add that caller ID disappeared (Colorado)  from our TV (does show on phone though) sometime around Aug 1st when we closed one account and opened another. Had problems with telephone and internet services for several days.   After nearly 3 hours on a cell phone we did get phone service partially  restored but no Caller ID and calls were going to voicemail.  We now find a 999-XXXX number on our account that is not ours and no one seems to know where it came from or how to delete it. 

Customer service has been miserable, for nearly a month, in trying to resolve the following: 

No caller ID on TV,

Two modems listed in our inventory even though I have a return/reissue for the only one in our possession

Voicemail issues (calls going directly to voicemail), missed calls (several important)

Unable to send message to TV from computer

Told customer service I did not want to receive Comcast messages on my TV - still coming

(970) 999-xxxx number on our account that is not ours and needs to be deleted. 

The tech who came to our house was just as confused as we were and was unable to resolve the issues.  He stated the he thought that it would take some time for the computer systems to catch up with the two modems and 999 number issues and said the caller ID should resolve itself in 24 - 48 hours.  He was going to look into the voicemail and phone issues elsewhere.  That was 6 days ago and still the problems persist.

Contributor

BUFF gunner?

New Poster

They probably monitor but it doesn't do much good, the issues remain.

Frequent Visitor

Fixed today.  So what ended up happening is I called into support.  Before I could talk to anyone it started scheduling me for a technician to come out.  He was just here. He called in and within 5mins it was all fixed.  Not sure what they had to do, but I'm grateful to have Caller ID back.  It also fixed the caller id not showing on TV, which the technician wasn't sure if the problem would be related, but I guess luckily it was.

New Poster

Glad you got it solved.    I guess I need a service call too.