Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Caller ID problem and other service

Frequent Visitor

Caller ID problem and other service

I will ask a question first then tell my problem: Is it possible that outsiders (or insiders) can temporarily hijack

a person's account and service?

On October 15 someone called my home number but before answering the call I notice my own number appeared on the caller ID as though I was calling myself from inside the house. I answered and heard a recorded messaging about a creditcard offer.

I immediately hung up and attempted to logon to my account hoping I could spot the real phone number from there. after entering my screen name and password I watched the little dots swirl in a circle for about 30 second before a screen appeared stating something like "There is a problem accessing your account , please try again later".

I repeated the attempt to logon two more times and got the same message.

I had been overwhelmed by solicitation calls sometimes as often as three times a day but this was the first showing my own number on the caller ID. Recently I attemped to look up some of the numbers from those calls and noticed that most no longer show up on my phone record list as though those calls never happened.