New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Caller ID on computer

New Poster

Caller ID on computer

Hello out there!

The question I have is when you are on the computer and the phone rings, isn't  it supposed to show up on the computer as well as your tv screen? The caller ID I mean? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Cable Expert

Re: Caller ID on computer

There are several things that need to be in place.

You must be in an area with Motorola set top boxes or DVR's.

You must be a Comcast triple play subscriber.

If you meet those requirements, then the UCID on the TV should work.  If it does, then you download the UCID app for the PC and logon with your name and password from the primary account.    You can download it HERE

If you are in a area with Scientific Atlanta / Cisco equipment it is not yet available to you.

If you have Motorola equipment and it doesn't work on the TV or PC, then it would be a code issue on your account that any support rep can fix.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Re: Caller ID on computer

---

Sorry about the inconvenience. I show you have supported equipment and the correct codes on your account. As I look into the system I am showing that your Caller Id to Tv is turned on and the banner is set to the button of the screen. I have refreshed our system on the back end and sent a test message and I received confirmation that it was working.

Can you please confirm for me? If it's not working still I will escalate for you.

The UCID client is available at http://xfinity.com/callerid/.

As for the Caller Id on your PC. Please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:

• MUST either have the latest version of Adobe Air installed or be willing to install this software.  If you have an older version of Air, or do not have Air installed you will be prompted to upgrade when you download and install the client.
  • Windows System Requirements:
    • Intel® Pentium® III 1GHz or faster processor
    • Recommended: Pentium 4 2GHZ or faster 1GB RAM
    • Windows Vista® Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise including 64 bit editions; Windows Vista SP1, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition SP2 and SP3, Windows XP SP2 and SP3 Microsoft® Windows® 2000 with Service Pack 4; Windows 2003 Server; Windows 7 (any version)
    • 512MB of RAM
  • Apple Mac System Requirements
    • Intel Core™ Duo 1.83GHz or faster processor; PowerPC® G4 1GHz or faster processor
    • Mac OS X 10.4.11, Mac OS X 10.5.4, 10.5.5; Mac OS X 10.6
    • 512MB of RAM

Further information is available here:  http://www.adobe.com/products/air/systemreqs/.

Please note that older versions of Windows (including the 9x family and NT), Windows Vista Home Basic and older versions of the Mac OS (including 10.1.X, 10.2.X and 10.3.X as well as OS 9.x) are not supported.

If this doesn't resolve your issue as well. Please let me know and we can troubleshoot more.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-