New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Caller ID on Xfinity shows Wife's Name

ANSWERED
New Poster

Caller ID on Xfinity shows Wife's Name

Hopefully this is the correct place for this question.  If not, admin, please redirect.  The issue is that many years ago we went with Sprint as a mobile provider.  I noticed that when I called my own number, and some of my friends or coworkers, my wife's name showed up in the caller ID instead of mine.  I assumed this was a sprint issue, and opened several tickets with them over the years to change this.  Last week, we switched to AT&T from sprint, and I noticed that the same thing is happening, even though I was the one to open the account for our family.  It is 100% under my name.  After some looking around on the web, I see that Xfinity actually uses a service (possibly) to supply this information for Caller ID.  My question for the folks here is do you know if this is true and how do I contact them?  I use my personal phone for work and would strongly prefer that my own name show up when I call someone.

Accepted Solution

Re: Caller ID on Xfinity shows Wife's Name

Yes, your devs fixed it!

View answer in context
New Poster

By 'calling my own number', of course, I mean calling from my Mobile to my 'land line' on Comcast/Xfinity.

New Poster

If you have this issue, do not bother trying to contact Neustar directly as mentioned in the other thread with a 'solution'.  The phone number is unanswered and this is the response I received to the email I sent:

Thank you for your inquiry – this email box is no longer monitored. Please contact your telecommunications service provider for assistance.

So I guess I'll call support and get hung up on, lol

New Poster

Support is telling me that they can open an ticket to have developers fix within comcast, but there's nothing that can be done in the 'ecolisting' online.  So I guess that's something.  Hope this is informational for someone out there.

Official Employee

Hi bwh970, apologies for your experiences, were you able to ever get this fixed?

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Yes, your devs fixed it!

Official Employee

That is great to hear, if you have any questions or concerns in the future please let us know.

Thank you

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon