New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Caller ID on X1 has stopped working

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Caller ID on X1 has stopped working

I have noticed in the last month, maybe longer, that the Universal Caller ID does not work on any of my X1 boxes. They are all set to show Caller ID. Any way to fix this?

I logged into my X1 Support account and made sure all devices were set to take ID.

Accepted Solution

Re: Caller ID on X1 has stopped working

I finally decided to try a CHAT session with the wonderful Comcast folks since I got nothing here.

The rep "reset my account" and asked me to clear my cache to get the app and VOICE tab to work. That fixed that.

The rep then sent a "refresh" to my cable box (after I had to get the S/N from the box) and I turned the box off for 60 seconds. I now get Caller ID on my TV.

This is too much like work, but it does work now.

View answer in context
New Poster

I have the same problem. Caller ID suddenly stopped appearing on my TV.  Any suggtestions?

Mike Naver

Frequent Visitor

Exactly same problem.  No results

Frequent Visitor

Me too. no results from comcast.

New Poster

Does Comcast ever reply to these messages?

Frequent Visitor

My caller ID has also stopped working. No-one seems to know why, and trying to explain, over and over is very annoying. We has a service man out, who fixed it fast, then 3 weeks later I get a message, SORRY NO TN FOUND ON ACCOUNT> PLEASE CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE> Thats when the real fun starts! They ask me " Whats TN mean" which I say, its your message, not mine! I found out TN means no telephone #. Plus the services already went up in price. i pay $1700. a year for comcast, but i guess they don"t care. Worst service i ever seen. This has been going on for 3 weeks. What a shame

Frequent Visitor

Not sure if this helps ease the Comcast heartburn, but I had a simiilar issue that appeared after I moved my service (same city, different address) and the account kept showing two phone numbers that were the same phone number. I called the rediculous support number and they fixed the issue. Within the next billing cycle, it started over. I wasnt able to get any emailed notifications for my home VM until I threatened to send them out my door. 

Now, my story is similar in that the Caller ID isnt flashing on my TV and I can't get logged into the VOICE section of my account; however, I do get my VM sent to me via email.

Look, this Universal VM is something this company advertises and WE PAY THEM every month. 

I had wonderful luck on the Cable forum getting a resolution, this forum's question has been asked for 5 days with no one from Comcast chining in. Crickets.

This is yet another reason why COMCAST is voted the worst company in the US year after year (or a topf 5 worst).

Frequent Visitor

I finally decided to try a CHAT session with the wonderful Comcast folks since I got nothing here.

The rep "reset my account" and asked me to clear my cache to get the app and VOICE tab to work. That fixed that.

The rep then sent a "refresh" to my cable box (after I had to get the S/N from the box) and I turned the box off for 60 seconds. I now get Caller ID on my TV.

This is too much like work, but it does work now.

Most Valued Poster

Our on screen caller id  on X1 stopped working last week. I have rbooted and restarted so guess its time to call or use chat. I can access all voice related items on comcast.net so thats not broken. We thought caller id on screen was going to be 'silly' but now that we use it a lot it has stopped working.....of course it has!!!

Frequent Visitor

We had a blip in power recently that changed several settings. My specific issue was channel vs clock display. Anyway, try turning off the settings, and then re-apply them. Just a thought. 

New Poster

I mine also has stopped working. I have been on phone with tex support 5 x in last 5 days, no help. I asked for a tech to come to the house and had an appointment set up for May 14 and tech called me said he could do nothing at the house to help resolve the issue but would "send a email stating it was not fixed" so far I have heard nothing. Called May 15 to speak to a supervisor was told one would call me within 2 hrs. it is 5 hrs later and no call!!! I do not know what to do next. wish we had a competing cable co for I WOULD SWITCH!

Frequent Visitor

What good is having caller id. When I call someone it shows up on their caller id that i'm Georgia. What a #&*%@ up mess.

Service Expert

Genej11 wrote:

What good is having caller id. When I call someone it shows up on their caller id that i'm Georgia. What a #&*%@ up mess.

I have replied to the PM you sent me...  hope it works quickly, but do not expect a reponse from Comcast until Monday.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Most Valued Poster

I have a question about Comcast on screen caller id. I have Comcast digital phone service and when I look at caller id on the phone I usually see the name of the person calling and always see it if its one that I have in my phone directory memory. On the tv screen it usually  does not show the name of the caller. Case in point. My step daughter lives in Florida. When she calls It says 'cell phone Florida' on tv screen but on phone it gives her name and number. Is there any rhyme or reason to what I should see on screen?

Frequent Visitor

I would assume the number is stored into your phone's contact list that associates a number to the stored name.  The caller ID you see on the TV does not have that stored information.

Most Valued Poster

TECO-J wrote:

I would assume the number is stored into your phone's contact list that associates a number to the stored name.  The caller ID you see on the TV does not have that stored information.

Yep that must be why