Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Caller ID on TV

Frequent Visitor

Caller ID on TV

After noticing for the first time the 'new' Caller ID feature on the TV, I began to think of why I might want it off (such as you're taping a show, and don't wan't the potential interuption)

Problem: I wasn't getting any option to turn off the caller ID (or any options to modify Caller ID functions through one of my two cable boxes) 

-- Earlier I think neither box worked, now one not the other.

In any case, ComCast Chat was unhelpful, and time wasting. -- example: if they ask permision to lookup your information, it implies they actually do. If they do, they should see I have two decoder boxes, and they should know **if it is supposed to work on both, or only one (ex: a primary box) **

End result after reflecting on incident: I don't know if one of my decoder boxes is actually defective or this is how it's supposed to be. -- Reason: poor documentation from Comcast: does the iTV feature only work on one box ?

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Caller ID on TV

ShowerComic wrote:

After noticing for the first time the 'new' Caller ID feature on the TV, I began to think of why I might want it off (such as you're taping a show, and don't wan't the potential interuption)

Problem: I wasn't getting any option to turn off the caller ID (or any options to modify Caller ID functions through one of my two cable boxes) 

-- Earlier I think neither box worked, now one not the other.

In any case, ComCast Chat was unhelpful, and time wasting. -- example: if they ask permision to lookup your information, it implies they actually do. If they do, they should see I have two decoder boxes, and they should know **if it is supposed to work on both, or only one (ex: a primary box) **

End result after reflecting on incident: I don't know if one of my decoder boxes is actually defective or this is how it's supposed to be. -- Reason: poor documentation from Comcast: does the iTV feature only work on one box ?

comic,

is this still occuring? you should be able to deactive on both boxes. i have refreshed the box here.

George Lunski
"Retired" Comcast Help Forums Administrator

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon